Re-designed Ellis Paul Archives website

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re-designed Ellis Paul Archives website

Postby KarenZ » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:53 am

Folks,

If I've been a bit quiet around here it's because I've been investing lots of hours working on a new Ellis Paul Archives website and I'm happy to report that it was officially launched on Friday. (Haven't had a minute to share the good news!) :)

I'm now a member of the SLABmedia family! Many thanks to Jim (aka BigSLAB) ;) and Catherine Infantino for the beautiful re-design! Having the website on a SLAB server will make it much easier to update and maintain. I hadn't added anything to the old website since January so the amount of backlog I had to catch up on was almost overwhelming. To make it even more overwheming, everything listed on the old site had to be manually re-typed onto the new site and I could have never done it without the nimble fingers of typist extraordinaire MonicaR! Thank you MonicaR for the time you put in helping me! :)

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've mentioned the Archives website, so if you haven't heard of it before, check it out. I'm going to be gradually adding a few pictures as time allows. Thanks to all of you who have donated in the past. I've tried to acknowledge everyone but please forgive me if I've overlooked anyone (and let me know!) :)

I'm not quite done adding things acquired recently....it's a continual work in progress. :)

Ellis Paul Archives

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Re-designed Ellis Paul Archives website

Postby Patti » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:44 am

I actually had just checked the archive site (again) one day last week, who knew!!

Looked Great Before, Looks Great Now... New and Improved is a good thing..

Thanks for keeping this going Karen.. and thanks to all your helpers :D
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:54 pm

...won't get fooled again ~ Pete Townsend

Love the photo that graces the front page of the new archives that has Ellis playing his guitar left-handed!

I once saw an image of Bruce Cockburn playing guitar left-handed. Learned I'd been fooled by reverse image when i saw him a few weeks later in concert. He started his first song and I thought hey wait a cotton pickin minute here. :shock: :lol:

Maybe it'll happen to an Ellis newbie someday, too. :P

Great work on the archives, Karen, BillE and his wife, MonicaR, and Slab, man, for all you do, too!!! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Wow! The Archives looks great Karen! Kudos to you and your helpers. I love that photo, too, as well as the infamous feet shot! You're one hard workin' woman. Hmmm...sounds like a great ditty for a song...
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:21 am

Karen has always amazed me by what she does around here and how she's created this great on-line community. I'm now officially awe-struck after having helped with the typing for the archives! I didn't stumble onto the Ellis scene until 2001 and I so enjoyed reading all of the stuff that's been collected before that time and kicking myself for not having found Ellis and his music before then! :lol:

You are an inspiration, Ms. Karen, and I'm honored that I was able to help you out!

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 am

Paddy, the weird thing is that BillE is still without Internet access (since Hurricane Ike blew through) and hasn't seen the new site yet! :shock:

MonicaR, no regrets! EP's music found YOU. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:57 am

MonicaR, no regrets! EP's music found YOU

I like that, Karen!

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Great job on the Archives - as I've said before, Karen, you never cease to amaze me with your dedication to all things Ellis Paul. We are so lucky to have you as our moderator.

MonicaR - thanks to you too for putting those keyboarding skills to such great use!

Jela

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”