Videos of my songs on youtube

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

EllisPaul
Site Admin

Videos of my songs on youtube

Postby EllisPaul » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:19 pm

Hey y'all--
I posted on the ellispaul.com blog site four videos that were beautifully rendered of four different songs of mine. We are thinking of having an official contest of sorts for fan videos.

Take a look at them, I was thrilled to see how creative people were getting, and it's a great way to spread my music around the world.

The World Ain't Slowin Down continues to be used in everything from family vacation videos to game videos to amimation shorts. Sweet Misakes has come up a few times as well.

The videos are posted at the blog.

Thanks,
Ellis

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Videos of my songs on youtube

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Folks,

Here's the links to the individual YouTube videos:

Ballad of Chris McCandless

River

If She's the One

The World Ain't Slowing Down

I think I like the Chris McCandless video best. What is your favorite? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:30 pm

I think they are all good, though TWASD seems to be the only "original footage" not sure what If She's The One is from but it looks professional.. Interesting take on the song too, very well done.

Chris McCandless is one of my favorite songs, and books so that would get my vote, and

River I really like and just appreciate for it's truth and clever story telling..

All WINNERS as far as I can tell..
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:33 am

Patti,

According to YouTube, "If she's the one" is with scenes from a movie called "saving face", so you're right that it seemed like professional footage.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:19 am

Yes and looking at it again, there are a couple of other songs from that movie on youtube, one titled Breathe!! I took a quick listen and all the songs with videos on youtube sound great..but when I looked up the soundtrack, none of them looked familiar..
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

wendy

Postby wendy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 am

I vote for the Chris McCandless video, too. That one really grabbed me (made me want to read the book again, to tell the truth)
-wendy

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:28 am

My son had to read Into the Wild as part of his summer reading and he really enjoyed it and we had some good discussions while he was making his way through the book. I've been holding off seeing the movie until he finished the book, so am looking forward to watching it.

A friend of mine is an English teacher and he had asked me what my son had to read for the summer and when I mentioned Into the Wild, he said he wanted to get his kids to read that at some point as well. I told him about Ellis' song and that he should check it out. He gave my son a tip and told him to bring the CD into school for extra credit! :D

Monica R.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 am

It's a credit to the folks out there in the world to take music like Ellis Paul's and set it to another work of art. Gives the originality put into the song a new light to shine in. It is equally nice to see Ellis give credit where it's due and in doing so, encourage others to maybe give it a try.

I really enjoyed all the videos here.......each significantly expressive of the EP song they chose to honor.

I've noticed lately where other artists are encouraging their fans to come up with homemade videos to accompany their favorite songs....Counting Crows and A Fine Frenzy come to mind. 8)

The fellow dancing around London in a Day....in a Day.....cracks me up! :lol:
The footage put together for The Ballad of Chris McCandless is done by a true artist at work....wow!
The other two, featuring scenes from the movie and images of River Phoenix were well done, too! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 am

Karen.....noticed the link for The World Ain't Slowing Down (above) actually gets folks to the youtube video for the song If She's The One. Saw it last week and meant to mention it then..... :oops:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks, Paddy. Fixed it. :)

KarenZ

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”