Ellis & Flynn Live on Acoustic Cafe - Oct. 2007

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis & Flynn Live on Acoustic Cafe - Oct. 2007

Postby KarenZ » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 am

Folks,

Here's a link to a 27-minute live performance/interview that Ellis and Flynn did last fall at Acoustic Cafe:

Ellis Paul & Flynn on Acoustic Cafe

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:57 am

Oh my. I'm listening to the most wonderful, spine-tingling version of "Let it Be" with Ellis & Flynn.....

The setlist:
1. Road Trip
2. Wabi-Sabi
3. Heat of the Sun (Flynn)
4. 9 months to fix the world
5. Let it Be

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:11 pm

Loved hearing Ellis and Flynn play together live in this radio interview. It's always cool to hear Ellis talk about how the idea for Dragonfly Races came about. Flynn's brogue coming through on Roadtrip Live was fun, and it's just so believeable when he tells Ellis "it was UNBELIEVABLE" :lol:

The back story to the record and recording process is talked about and the kind of "inside look" I always enjoy hearing over and over and over. I've heard most of it said before in other interviews, but there's always just a little more insight each time I hear Ellis talking about the project. 8)

Wabi Sabi, solo acoustic here, is proof positive Ellis was onto something here when he set out to write songs that would appeal to the entire family.

The Indigo Boys sound good on Flynn's song...... :D

Let It Be ~ beautiful version of the Beatles classic by these two fine voices.

Thanks for sharing this one with us, Karen. :)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:28 pm

I'm listening now! Thanks Karen! :-)

That picture is positively silly. :-))

shari

Postby shari » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:46 pm

wow.... I agree on the spine tingling version of Let it Be.....truly.

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Ditto on the spine tingling!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

shari

Postby shari » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:11 pm

How long will this remain online? Anyone know? Forever? :-)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:23 pm

Shari,

Yes, hopefully. The shows are archived at the link below. There's an earlier Ellis Paul interview from 2005 listed in the archive:

http://www.mlive.com/cafe/audioarchive.ssf

KarenZ

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”