WFUV interview - Jan. 20, 2008 - Archived

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

WFUV interview - Jan. 20, 2008 - Archived

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:37 am

Folks,

An interview Ellis did with John Platt at WFUV will air in it's entirety on Sunday, Jan. 20 at 10am EST.

An excerpt will air at 8:15 am and 4:45 pm today [Friday, Jan 18] as part of our "Take Five" series, which is available as a podcast.

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:53 am

Folks,

This may have gotten buried yesterday, so I wanted to bump it up again.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:42 am

Dear Karen:

What is 'our "Take Five" series'? Do you have a link to get the podcast or will it become available later?

I'll be online tomorrow to listen in, for sure!

Thanks!
Dean

Patti

Postby Patti » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:14 pm

I missed it today but will try to catch it tomorrow. I saw Matt Nathanson, on the Sunday schedule... 3:00 AM .... Bonnie set your alarm clock!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:56 am

Patti,

"Take Five" is a 5-minute segment of a larger interview. They are archived here:

WFUV's Take Five Archive

KarenZ

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Dear Karen:

Thanks for the link!

Dear All:

I listened to the broadcast interview this morning. It was about 40 minutes and Ellis talked primarily about The Dragonfly Races. I especially like the part about his inspiration of the album on many levels. Of course his children, but also from the music of The Beatles and Tom Paxton, and also about literature like Gulliver's Travels. Great props to Flynn, Antje, Vance Gilbert, Billy Jonas and Darryl Purpose, too! Also, the wonderful story about the naming of the song Abiola.

Here was the 'setlist':

1. Because Its There (Live in Studio)
2. The Dragonfly Races (from the Album)
3. Abiola (from the Album)
4. 9 Months to Fix the World (Live in Studio)

It was really great to hear EP sing the 'live in studio' songs, especially 9MTFTW!

I hope you all have a great day!
Dean

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:07 pm

Folks,

If you missed it on Jan. 20, the 40-minute interview with John Platt (that Paddy described above) is now archived here:

Ellis Paul on WFUV - Jan. 20, 2008

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:27 pm

I'd love to take credit......but that was AndaleOrbea.... :wink:

Thanks Dean for the recap and Thanks Karen for the heads up on the archive and for providing the link. Can't wait to hear it.
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:37 am

It appears to me the archived WFUV program with the Ellis interview is a complete show that runs 3 hours....without the abilty to fast forward to ep.

Anyone know which hour of the program features the ep interview?

I've had it on for an hour....and still not there.
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:17 am

Paddy,

Yes, sorry it was Dean who posted the report! I was once again a bit confused. :)

Well, the program runs on Sundays from 8-11am and EP was scheduled to be on at 10am....so my guess is to try the beginning of the 3rd hour. :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:25 am

Karen

Thanks.

Makes perfect sense....missed the simple math at the top.

I get confused all the time. :?
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:25 am

The interview starts at around 1hr57min into the program.

A really nice look at "The Dragonfly Races" in all it's charm.

Funny....I thought I heard strains of The Beatles in the title track -- so it was nice to hear Ellis touch upon their influence and how he hoped folks made the connection.

yup!

:D
paddy

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”