Ellis Paul's STORIES

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis Paul's STORIES

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Folks,

I had a hankering to hear Ellis' Stories this morning. Like any first love, the passage of time doesn't diminish the memories and feelings evoked when the re-connection is made. Wow.

A couple of things:

I miss the harmonica.
I love Patty Griffin's wailing on "River".
"Don't Breathe" does just that.
"autobiography of a pistol" in ingenious.
I hope some of these songs are resurrected....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 pm

Our discovery of the music of Ellis Paul started innocently enough with one song on a compilation disk: Ashes To Dust ~ Legacy 2.

Our first full experience of the music of Ellis Paul came soon after with the release of this album - luckily a few weeks later. :D

We could not believe our luck. :shock:

Stories played non-stop in our house for quite some time. In an apartment at the time, the volume levels varied, but rest assured it sounded great blasting through the speakers - as it often did - as well as at a more neighborly level.

I second all the motions - and emotions - presented by KarenZ. :wink:

What an album!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:38 pm

"Autobiography of a Pistol" remains my son Matthew's favorite Ellis song.

"River" is superb. I have always enjoyed any collaboration between Ellis and Patty Griffin, but this is perhaps my favorite.

Maybe we need to start gently pestering for some of these at the shows when they resume.......
Jeff

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”