Ellis Paul's "Holiday Song"

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis Paul's "Holiday Song"

Postby KarenZ » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:58 am

Folks,

It's that time of year again and WKSU (Kent State University) will be re-broadcasting their Ornaments and Icing specials that have become an annual offering. Ornaments and Icing I, a two-hour program first broadcast in 1999, includes Ellis Paul telling his Christmas tree story and singing "Holiday Song". To the best of my knowledge this is the only place to hear the song. You can listen online at:

Ornaments and Icing I

Ellis appears at about 16 minutes into the 2nd hour. His Christmas tree story actually takes longer than the song....which is not quite 2 minutes long. :)

View WKSU's complete holiday music schedule here:

WKSU Holdiay Music schedule

The song was actually recorded at the now-defunct Brick Alley in Cleveland on Nov. 5, 1999. You can hear the audience laughing (during the tree story) and it's rather special for me to listen to again since I was in the audience that night. Ellis wasn't happy with the first run-through and asked the WKSU folks if he could do it a second time, much to our delight. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”