Ellis on BBC Radio 2

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

Ellis on BBC Radio 2

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:24 pm

We've just got back from a wonderful Bruce Springsteen concert in London and I jumped in the bath, turned on the radio to BBC Radio 2 Bob Harris (the one to listen to) and what should be coming out over the airwaves but Ellis Paul singing 'Maria's Beautiful Mess' - it was almost one o'clock in the morning here!

I couldn't believe my ears - this is the show in the UK to get your music played, Bob Harris been responsible for breaking lots of American acts over here so I'm hoping that the reaction he gets to MBM is so positve that he plays more of Ellis soon.

I texted Bob Harris a message and am going to post a message on his discussion board.

Woo Hoo - what a wonderful way to end a brilliant day!

Jela

PS You can usually hear the programme on the listen again feature, Ellis is on at about 12.50am Go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 and find Bob Harris Saturday programme (the link hasn't been working during the last day or two but it's being sorted out)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:43 pm

Jela,

What great news! Yay for Bob Harris and BBC radio! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

kilroyscarnival

Re: Ellis on BBC Radio 2

Postby kilroyscarnival » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:19 am

Richard + Jela wrote:We've just got back from a wonderful Bruce Springsteen concert in London and I jumped in the bath, turned on the radio to BBC Radio 2 Bob Harris (the one to listen to) and what should be coming out over the airwaves but Ellis Paul singing 'Maria's Beautiful Mess' - it was almost one o'clock in the morning here!

Very interesting! I listen to BBC radio through the internet from work, but it's usually Radio 4 (drama, comedy, quizzes, features) and BBC7 (radio comedy.) The only time I listen to R2, generally, is when they're airing "It's Been A Bad Week." It's got to be great exposure of Ellis's music though.

-- Ann

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:18 pm

Christmas is getting better and better - guess whats being played tonight on the Bob Harris Show??? That's right........'Snow in Austin'

Woo Hoo - Ellis on UK national radio again!!!

It'll be on at approx 7.30pm your time (approx 12.30 our time here in the UK) if any of you want to try and catch it via the Internet on

Radio 2

I'm going to stay awake to hear it and it'll be available on the 'listen again' facility for a week.

Great news

Jela

Richard + Jela

Re: Ellis on BBC Radio 2

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:09 am

We've been away for a long weekend visiting our families in the run up to Christmas, got back late last night and as usual 'twiddled' on the Internet - checked the playlist for Bob Harris' late night Saturday show where he featured Christmas songs throughout and guess what......

Ellis Paul 'Snow in Austin' was played in the early hours of Sunday morning (the show runs from 11pm - 2am) so I listened to the relevant part on a 'listen again' facility and Bob said some very nice things about Ellis, what a great songwriter he is and how long a career he's had so far and how it almost never snows in Austin but it did a few years back and that this song was inspired by that. Bob knows Austin well, has been out for SXSW and recorded from there.

What a great welcome home......and then the news about WoodyFest (see Mark Erelli thread) my Christmas has started early!

Jela

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”