Live recordings of "Drop Of Your Name"?

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

john1977

Live recordings of "Drop Of Your Name"?

Postby john1977 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi all,

Hope this message finds you well! I was wondering if anyone had any recordings of the long lost Ellis Paul song "Drop of Your Name"? Would also love to track down "Black Shiny Shoes". I'm getting married in October and haven't been able to stop thinking about these songs as I prepare for the festivities. I did see that these tunes on a disc on the archive site but didn't know who to contact about trying to get a copy of it or if the archive was still active. Thanks for your help!

John

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Live recordings of "Drop Of Your Name"?

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:00 pm

John,

I'm still adding things to the archive, but have been slow to add them to the archive website.

Didn't I send you those two songs previously? I sorta remember that.....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

john1977

Postby john1977 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Karen,

Great hearing from you! Thanks for the reply! I wish it was me you had sent those songs too! I would love to have some recordings of them...I used to have a bunch of Ellis shows that I taped on mini cassette and had several great recordings of them but somehow lost them years ago. If you can point me in the right direction to find these tunes, I will be forever grateful!

Hope all is well!

John

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 pm

John,

Check your e-mail inbox. I sent you two separate e-mails, each containing an mp3 file.

Congratulations! :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

john1977

Postby john1977 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 am

Karen,

Thank you so much! These recordings are absolute gold to me. I have been searching for recordings like this for years. I cannot thank you enough for your kindness and generosity! I wish that there were some Ellis Paul shows on archive.org...a great resource for live music. Maybe one of these days! I hope that all is well...and thank you so much!

John

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”