YouTube -Live at the Club Cafe - Apr. 1, 2005

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

YouTube -Live at the Club Cafe - Apr. 1, 2005

Postby KarenZ » Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 am

Folks,

Just discovered that an episode of a TV show called Live at the Club Cafe featuring Maia Sharp and Ellis Paul that aired in 2005 is now on YouTube. The TV show includes performance and interview and the video quality is probably the best I've ever seen. The Ellis Paul segment was recorded when he performed there on April 1, 2005.

The Maia Sharp segment is first; the Ellis Paul segment starts at 11 minutes in.

Ellis Paul - Live at the Club Cafe

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: YouTube -Live at the Club Cafe - Apr. 1, 2005

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 20, 2011 8:59 am

Boy, the world sure ain't slowing down, is it? You were probably there and it probably seems like yesterday, right? Thanks for sharing this one, Karen. What a fantastic way to display the wealth of talent in the music arena that stops in Pittsburgh at Club Cafe on the South Side. Love that place! Last time I was in there I saw all the permanently mounted cameras on the ceiling and wondered why they weren't streaming concerts or at least recording them for artists to release on DVD. I imagine the show had it's run and then the plug was pulled. Too bad, the host was good at it.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: YouTube -Live at the Club Cafe - Apr. 1, 2005

Postby KarenZ » Fri May 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Paddy,

I loved the TV show... while it lasted. :-(

YES, I was there that night and YES it does seem like yesterday! :shock:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”