YouTube - Ellis Paul - Bryce Jordan Center - Sept. 3, 2010

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

YouTube - Ellis Paul - Bryce Jordan Center - Sept. 3, 2010

Postby KarenZ » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:48 am

Hope you all enjoy the two songs I managed to record when Ellis opened for Sugarland! :)

The World Ain't Slowing Down

Annalee

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Re: YouTube - Ellis Paul - Bryce Jordan Center - Sept. 3, 2010

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:07 am

Karen - thanks SO much for posting - they are both fantastic!

What great exposure for Ellis and I hope he sold a shed load of CDs afterwards.

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 am

Great videos Karen... Looks like you must have had pretty good seats..

Any idea how it went for him at the merch. booth ?

Did Sugarland mention him at all?

Mike Clem looks to be really enjoying himself :P
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:11 am

I had terrific seats, thanks to EP Management. :-) I was in the first row of the bleachers - stage right - as close to the stage as one could be without having a seat on the floor.

Jennifer Nettles - who seems to do most of the speaking for Sugarland - mentioned Ellis Paul by name twice so she's OK in my book. :-) And Ellis was well received, so I hope he did OK with merch, but I honestly don't know. Maybe I can find out over the next few days.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:37 pm

The very next best thing to being there these videos and while I so wanted to be there when Ellis and The C'ville Mtn Boys took the stage I was filled with joy beyond words to discover I kinda sorta could be, afterall. :D Thanks so much for the invite last week to join you and the other Karen for what looks light great seats for an equally great set. Pam's health scare kept us away from Bryce Jordan for this one or any of the two to follow, so if you have an inside to the band please please please ask them to give us at least one more chance to be under the Big Top when Ellis Paul once again steps out on the high wire to perform for the folks. We'll be there! Way to go Ellis and congrats!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:21 pm

He sounds a bit like a good ole boy from down south here.....
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 am

Jeff,

You meant to say wicked good, didn't you? ;-)

Wow....just checked my YouTube videos and these two have gotten more hits in just a week than anything I've posted before. I'm pleased about that! :-)

KarenZ

PotatoPicker wrote:He sounds a bit like a good ole boy from down south here.....

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:06 pm

KarenZ wrote:Jeff,

You meant to say wicked good, didn't you? ;-)

No - he sounded like a good ole boy from Virginia.

If he had sounded wicked good he would have sounded like he was from Maine..... ayuh.

:lol:
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Ahhhh....now I get it. I didn't quite understand the "south" reference.....thought maybe you meant downeast south. :-)

I still think he's wicked good, though. ;-)

KarenZ

PotatoPicker wrote:
No - he sounded like a good ole boy from Virginia.

If he had sounded wicked good he would have sounded like he was from Maine..... ayuh.

:lol:

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Jeff, I'm so glad you noticed that, too, and said as much, as I wasn't going to say anything, publicly. Truth be told, it was so interesting to hear it I kind of chuckled at the sound of it, so much so I pointed it out to Pam. You know the old sayin, When in Rome! While not quite Luke and Duke Hazzard, he did sound like a good ol' boy. :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”