Speed of Trees tab/tuning?

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

Shep

Speed of Trees tab/tuning?

Postby Shep » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:44 am

One of my all time favorite Ellis songs. The music and lyrics have always struck me since I first heard the song when I saw him live in Waitsfield Vermont a few years ago (I think it was played, anyway). Been a big fan ever since.

I was wondering if anyone knew the tuning he uses, whether recorded or live, since they sound quite different based on this performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSaWVrnXvRI

vs recorded.

Or for that matter, if anyone knew of a tab. For some reason I've had a heck of a time getting this one to sound right. I didn't see this song on any of the websites listed for tabs/tunings and I don't quite have the ear for it, so I figured I'd ask the on the boards here.

Just listened to some of the new stuff, I'll definitely be getting the cd! :D

Sue Ellen

Re: Speed of Trees tab/tuning?

Postby Sue Ellen » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Shep, I believe I was at the November 18, 2006 show, which is discussed HERE. I see that is when we were attempting to archive set-lists, and I don't think I posted that particular set list separately to the board.

I did enjoy that show, I think the only one my dad has attended with me.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Shep

Re: Speed of Trees tab/tuning?

Postby Shep » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 pm

That link you provided seems to not be working. I think I tried it earlier when I was surfing the forum, thanks though Sue.

That was a great show, cold snowy night in an old town hall, very intimate. I was lucky enough to have been staying in Warren for the weekend doing some skiing, at the time I was living in Burlington while studying at UVM. I can honestly say that was one of my favorite shows in Vermont, and I lived my first 23 years there, and am always glad whenever I get a chance to go back.

Well, I'll just have to keep listening to it and plugging away, which I enjoy anyway :)

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”