YouTube: Dragonfly

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

chrisob

YouTube: Dragonfly

Postby chrisob » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey folks, I meant to post this a long time ago but I've been on the road since August and I forgot. This is a video of the song Dragonfly on the day it was written.

I was opening for Ellis in TX when he decided he wanted to buy a video camera on our way up to OKC. This is one of the first videos we filmed on his little flip camera thing. We were playing the Don Con benefit show at the Blue Door. I noticed that after my set neither Ellis nor Sam Baker was to be found. I found them in a corner of the green room writing a new song. As it turns out it was Dragonfly. I watched as they finished it, then we all learned our parts and performed it during Ellis' set at the end of the night. To my knowledge we didn't get video of the stage performance so we decided to sit around after the show and perform it after most everyone had gone. I had my computer handy so we dumped the video on my hard drive and I later posted it on Youtube.

We had had a few drinks (perhaps me more than anyone) but it came out pretty great. I would guess this is a video of the second time the song had ever been played in it's entirety. Pretty cool.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUtAKS3uX0U

I hope you enjoy it!

-Chris O'Brien

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: YouTube: Dragonfly

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 am

Chris,

Our YouTube king, Paddyinthepub, actually posted the link to the YouTube video here pretty much as soon as you posted it to YouTube. (We are EP Devotees, you know.) ;-) So we've been viewing it - repeatedly no doubt - for quite a few months. But please feed our habit with others if you can. :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Re: YouTube: Dragonfly

Postby bonuela » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 am

welcome chris!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”