April 2009 Newsletter

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

April 2009 Newsletter

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Hope everyone's on the Ellis Paul email list by now....til then, here's the latest!

Spring in New England, The Day After Everything Changed, Don Con needs some help
Hey y'all—

I am pleased to report that all the vocals are now done on the new album, and we are in the final stages of production. I am really excited about how the songs are taking shape. The vocals were recorded at Tall Woods, here in Charlottesville, VA and shipped to Thad Beatty and Jason Collum, the gifted producers over at Sorted Noise http://www.sortednoise.com in Franklin, TN. I am thrilled with how it's coming out-- and we hope for a summer release if the gremlins stay away!

Thanks to all of you that helped fund the album, I know you will be proud. We are getting a little attention from the efforts; check out this article in the Boston Globe. Click to Read

It's official… the name of the album will be "The Day After Everything Changed."

I have already sent it out to everyone but just in case you missed it CLICK to Listen ...not quite done yet but you'll get the gist. I am playing many of the new songs at the shows; so come, listen, and tell me what you think! Feel free to pass on the link.

Looking forward to a beautiful New England weekend in Marblehead, MA on May 1st to play at one of the best coffeehouses in the country, the Me and Thee, as well as the Beal House in Kingston, MA on May 2nd. And, just added May 3rd in Putney, VT at the Greenhoe Theatre with my favorite, Antje Duvekot…it's been a long time since we've performed together and I'm looking forward to sharing sweet harmonies on the stage with her! (If you haven't already heard, she just released a new CD, beautifully produced by Richard Shindell) Take a look at the tour schedule on my website so we don't miss seeing each other. They are updated daily/weekly.

Cruis'n with the Boston skyline as a backdrop...We are going to party...and I mean PARTY this summer on the Rock and Blues Cruise (this means we don't just sit and listen!) There's alcohol served for crepes sake... We're gonna have the biggest Ellis Paul Hootenanny anyone has ever seen...there will be more rock than blues, so bring your dancing shoes! I will have a band again...not sure who, but stay tuned for an announcement. Tickets go on sale this Thursday. This was really fun last year (especially trying to play, sing, and keep my balance) ...we're gonna top the fun level, such a great way to spend a summer night! Click for info

And my last but very important note, our friend and gifted guitarist/songwriter Don Conoscenti has had a bad biking accident and needs our help. He was biking in Taos, New Mexico and took a bad fall and had to
airlift with no belongings Denver. Like many of our great musicians in this country, Don had no health insurance and the costs of the surgery to mend his leg looks to be running up near to $80,000. The only way to avoid bankruptcy is to reach out to those who have supported his work and music in the past.

There has been a fund set up for donations to help repair Don and cover his costs, we are also planning a string of benefit concerts, the first at the Blue Door in Oklahoma City on May 11th. Please do what you can
for Don-- he's mending nicely and may even appear as our special guest at some of these benefits.

Send checks made payable to:

Don Conoscenti
Centinel bank
P O Box 818
Taos, New Mexico 87571

As always, thanks for your support and show'n up at all the stops along the road!

Ellis
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Patti

Re: April 2009 Newsletter

Postby Patti » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks for the read Paddy...

Not sure why I don't get this in my mailbox... as I get other announcements... oh well... as long as I get it... that's what counts.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Has me wondering tonight, can one sign up on to Ellis Paul's email list here, or only at Ellis Paul shows?
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:59 am

I signed up (resigned) a mailing list form from the link at the top of this page... hopefully next month I will be all set.. if not, Paddy will step in :P
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:41 am

Funny how I missed the mailing list link up top...yikes! :oops:
paddy

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”