Preview of "The Day After Everything Changed" (song)

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Preview of "The Day After Everything Changed" (song)

Postby KarenZ » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:23 am

Folks,

Have you had a change to listen to the link to "The Day After Everything Changed" that was in the most recent EP Newsletter? If so, your feedback please! I love it! :) EP's piano-playing has really improved, no? ;) I love the sound that I hear that's like an oboe....but I guess it's a keyboard. I like that I can REALLY hear the vocals, even though there's alot of sounds going on in the background.

The Day After Everything Changed

EP.....more please! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Preview of "The Day After Everything Changed"

Postby Patti » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 am

I second that sentiment Karen!!

But I do wonder about the newsletter sent out :?: If you or Paddy hadn't mentioned I wouldn't have known about it????

Hmmm I do get announcements from them, I wonder if I need to sign up on a newsletter list again??.. In general I don't have "spam" blockers set up on my email so I doubt that is it..
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:17 am

Folks,

Hello out there! We have a new recorded song to discuss! I know they're all terrific and it's hard to comment on the best of the best, but surely others besides Patti and I have listened and have something to say. C'mon! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 am

I love it too! I've listened to it a couple of times a day since I received the email. Helped me through the work day yesterday!!!

Like you, Karen, I love being able to hear the vocals and I think the background "sounds" compliment Ellis' voice beautifully!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:19 am

positively ethereal!!! 8)

I love the way this track sounds!!! ...and I do believe this is the "other" wabi sabi song...... :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:52 am

I like that it's in keeping with many other EP songs in that it starts out kinda soft and slow, builds to a crescendo, gradually brings you back down to earth and feeling totally wiped out. Yep....that's what I like my music to do for me. Wipe me out. :wink:

Hey....wasn't there a song by that name? The Ventures I think..... :)

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 am

I have gremilins in my computer.. from time to time (to often really) the sound does not work, very frustrating I know but I live with it.. SO I had only been only able to listen to this once or twice then pouf... sound was gone...so I was left to humming on my own... do do do do do do dooo dooo do do do for the past few days.. (my family was starting to get concerned ) BUT for right now sound is working again...and it is playing LOUD... YUP LOUD the way I like it!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Karen.....

Ellis' piano and keys are stronger every time I see him, but sometimes a producer will hire studio players to play on various tracks. I'll be happy to learn that what we are hearing on this song is Ellis at the keys, but will await the final release and liner notes to help me to know for sure it's him. On the producer note, I know orginally there was talk of Kristian Bush of Sugarland producing, then there seemed to be another name thrown out there, someone affiliated with Sugarland. Read that somewhere. Anyone know for sure?
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:21 am

If any of you are familiar with Alison Sudol's music with her band A Fine Frenzy then you might understand why when listening again to this track this morning I hear A Fine Frenzy style of production on the track. Not sure if it was intended or coincidental but I absolutely love it! 8)

Alison Sudol
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 am

Paddy,

To answer your question from a couple weeks ago....the name is Thad Beaty. He plays in Sugarland's band. See link below:

Thad Beaty

KarenZ

paddyinthepub wrote:On the producer note, I know orginally there was talk of Kristian Bush of Sugarland producing, then there seemed to be another name thrown out there, someone affiliated with Sugarland. Read that somewhere. Anyone know for sure?

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:52 am

Karen I have been looking for the lyrics to The Day After Everything Changed.. do you know if they are posted here?? I hit the link and listend to Ellis song , and now Sweet California from Caitlyn Smith is playing...sounds nice..

I also see further down the list a song titled California from Julia Downs..,, I know Mark Erelli has a song titled California... Who Else???

I don't think Ellis names it by state but does mention places in CA

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:28 am

Patti,

The lyrics are posted here in this forum, in a thread started on May 8, 2007. I will try to directly link you to that thread below:

Lyrics to "The Day After Everything Changed"

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 am

Thad Beaty looks like a talented and busy guy. Wow! Okay, let me see if I have this right. Thad Beaty is in Sugarland with Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles. Ellis Paul is best friends with Kristian Bush. Kristian Bush is best friends with Jennifer Nettles. Yet, I heard just recently they are hoping to get Jennifer Nettles to sing on the new Ellis Paul record. Something about fingers crossed. I guess I just don't see what the roadblock might be. :P
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:19 am

Here's the latest update from Thad Beaty on EP's forthcoming new album:

On the Ellis Paul record posted April 10, 2009

KarenZ

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”