Everything's Broken

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

jamesleebaker

Everything's Broken

Postby jamesleebaker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 am

So I went to OKC this weekend to see Ellis at the Blue Door and it was a great show. One song I had requested, "Everything's Broken", was respectfully declined prior to the show. I can understand with all the material and events how you can get out of shape with songwriting. So, Ellis advised me to put a shout out on the board and see if any of ya'll have a recording of the song.

Does anyone have a recording of Everything's Broken? Even if it's a radio performance, could you provide an attachment or a URL?

Thanks,
James
jamesleebaker@gmail.com

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:00 pm

James,

Would a video performance that includes the song work? Ellis performed the song at the Kennedy Center a few years ago. The performance is linked below.

Ellis Paul at the Kennedy Center

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

jamesleebaker

Great!

Postby jamesleebaker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Karen,

That's great! I do want to get an audio version as well so that I can listen to it in the car.

Thanks a bunch.

-James

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:44 pm

James,

I'll send you an mp3 file when I get home. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

jamesleebaker

Thanks

Postby jamesleebaker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Score!

Did you go to Woodyfest this year?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Sure did! Which why I wasn't at the Blue Door show - a development that broke my heart! :cry:

KarenZ

jamesleebaker

Blue Door

Postby jamesleebaker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:04 pm

Yea, the blue door show was awesome, but if I had known ahead of time, I wouldn't have gone either. I got there and found out that it was John Gorka's debut performance there and I missed it. I got to see Ellis twice and sure loved the rain scare and the food (it was my first Woodyfest!) but I sure didn't like missing John and the Brick Street shows.

It was cool, afterwords, I skeedattled over the hotel and hung out with them all, (Ellis, John, Sam Baker, Jimmy LaFave and the rest of the musicians). It was sweet!

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”