Tin Angel - November 9th - Ellis & Flynn

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

barb62

Tin Angel - November 9th - Ellis & Flynn

Postby barb62 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Had the opportunity to see my two favorite singers in one night - Flynn opened up for Ellis and both of them were superb! Ellis did a few new songs that I never heard of not to mention a few off of the new children's CD. Ellis and Flynn perfomed the classic "Let It Be" and also the new "Road Trip."

Sorry I do not recall the names of the new songs (one song has the words "Holy Ghost" in it. It was beautiful! I was more interested in video taping portions of the show than getting a detailed written report on it. Ellis also did "Roll Away Bed."

Flynn performed "The Answer's Not Enough." "Emerald Dream," "Be Careful What you Wish For," and "American Wake."

I fulfilled my wish to have a photo of the three of us. It was comical - I suggested that I would wait until the room cleared out a bit before trying to get a good photo. Ellis and Flynn went in the back and my friend and I waited for them to come back out. When they did, I said somthing like "I waited a long time for this." Flynn thought I meant that I waited that night a long time - of course I said, no no no - I mean in general I waited a long time, I wasn't talking about tonight!

Until next time,

Barb62

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Barb,

How exciting to see your two favorites on the same night! That happened to me...... ONCE!.....when I saw Lynn Miles open for Ellis. :)

Thanks for the report!

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:16 pm

"The one that got away" -- or -- "a not so funny thing happened on the way to the forum" :cry:

I was there all of ten minutes (beer in hand ,one sip in) with paper and borrowed pen in hand, twenty minutes before start time. Then I hear the bartender ask a guy at the bar if he's me. That's to say she said my full name, which naturally caught my ear. First thought was I left ID at the bar -- instantly ruled that possibility out since I had paid for my beer in cash.

SO...what could it be that would cause her to be calling out my name? Okay, maybe it was Ellis on his cell phone inviting me backstage? Nah, that's not Ellis' style...(sorry folks...been following Springsteen's Magic Tour -- a little too closely :lol: )

I said to her I'm so and so, and she said as she handed me the bar phone, "it's your wife, and she said she doesn't want to alarm you" --

A small lump in my throat as I got on the phone to learn that a small emergency at home would require a trip to the ER for our lil guy. Seems he was running in the hallway and his foot managed to kick the small space between door and hardwood floor in slicer dicer fashion.

So I rushed out the door for home, not knowing how serious the injury was, knowing only that "the woman across my table" sounded concerned and my son's cries told me this was more serious than a stubbed toe.

Happy to report that he's fine....a few hours at our local ER, an xray, a bit of tape, an interesting laser pen used on the nail, and he was good to go. He continued to hobble quickly through the house all weekend. It's hard to relay to him "he needs to take a moment and just slow down"

Thanks for the report, Barb62. Wish I could have joined in sooner with some talking points from the opening notes of Flynn's set to the closing notes of Ellis' set. Guess it just wasn't meant to be. :?

I hope to be able to see Ellis in the near future, and will report in then.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Paddy, glad to hear that your lil' guy is ok.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:18 pm

Thanks Jela...the lil guy entertained all the staff in the ER with his rather brave demeanor, although he was concerned throughout that some sort of shot might be administered. Short of that, he was a real trooper.

He told me the week he got his ipod, from the backseat of the car, to turn down the radio and informed he would entertain me. "Trust me," he said.

He then rolled through his favorite songs -- him listening through headphones -- and me his captive audience. He rocked it alright.

Kids say -- and do -- the darndest things.

Thanks again.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”