Chocolate Church - Bath, Maine - Oct. 13, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

wendy

Chocolate Church - Bath, Maine - Oct. 13, 2007

Postby wendy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:29 am

Anyone else going to be there?
I'll try to remember to wear my EP lapel pin...
-wendy

proflandry

Postby proflandry » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:40 pm

Great show, great sound. My wife and I went up to Maine for the weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary. We saw that Ellis and Lucy were playing up there the weekend of our anniversary, and figured that would make a good weekend get away, especially as we honeymooned in Boothbay.

We had seen Lucy a couple weeks ago in Annapolis when she played with Richard Shindell. Her set was similar, at least for the first few songs, but then played some different songs. Ellis did a good balance of old, new, and really new.

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:50 am

AND... guess who we saw there, too?
The Board's very own Lauren! And she brought a new fan who had his guitar along for Ellis to sign! Very, very cool. It sure was good to see you, Lauren!

Ellis and Lucy Kaplansky were wonderful. Their voices together are magic! For the last encore they did Let It Be. Ahhhhh.
(which reminds me of the first time we heard Ellis do that at the Stone Church in NH... the opening act was invited to join him but the fellow didn't know the words! :shock: We were laughing hysterically as Ellis fed him the words. Despite it all, the harmonies were lovely.)

Sorry no set list. In no particular order, Ellis did new songs Million Chameleon March and Summertime (I've forgotten it's official name) along with Maria's Beautiful Mess, Jukebox on My Grave, Blacktop Train, Home, Take All the Sky, 3000 Miles, and a duet with Lucy K that I suspect was one of her songs. There must have been some others, but they've slipped my mind.
Anyone out there who took notes?
-wendy

Return to “3000 Miles”