WBVR's Bound For Glory - Ithaca, NY - Sept. 9, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

WBVR's Bound For Glory - Ithaca, NY - Sept. 9, 2007

Postby KarenZ » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 am

Folks,

I managed to listen to last night's show which was streamed live on the Internet. Ellis did three 30-minute sets at 8:30pm, 9:30pm, and 10:30pm. In between his sets was 30 minutes of other miscellaneous stuff. Not sure why the show is formatted that way - it made for a 2 1/2 hour time investment which was tough. Two of the Burns Sisters (Annie and Marie) - who also live in Ithaca - joined Ellis on stage for "God's Promise" and Annie also joined Ellis for the encore "Let it Be". Great show. Two new children's songs that I hadn't heard before.

Set 1
1. Maria's beautiful mess
2. jukebox on my grave
3. cotton's burning
4. Summertime
5. Alice's champagne palace
6. the day after everything changed

Set 2
7. the hurt (if that's the title)
8. blacktop train
9.. home
10. God's promise (with Annie and Marie Burns)
11. speed of trees
12. 3000 miles

Set 3
13. she was
14. [new song] Because it's there?
15. million chameleon march
16. sweet mistakes
17. the dragonfly races
18. the road trip song
Encore:
19. Let it be (with Annie Burns)

The new song that I'm guessing might be titled "because it's there" is very sweet and has 3 verses about going to the stars (up), underwater (bottom) and Everest (top) and the chorus is:

Because it's there
Because it's there
Because we could
Because we should
Because we dare

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

JennyLevE

Postby JennyLevE » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:08 am

I also really enjoyed the broadcast of the concert. I agree the format made it a difficult time investment, but it was well worth it!
--Jen
“Tell me which part
Is it the CASTLE, or the SAND
That you miss when the TIDE comes along?”
-- Ellis Paul

Return to “3000 Miles”