Grey Eagle ~ Asheville, NC and WWNC Interview ~ 8/3/2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Mtn Gal

Grey Eagle ~ Asheville, NC and WWNC Interview ~ 8/3/2007

Postby Mtn Gal » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:17 am

Not sure what I was thinking but I only took one photo at the show...duh! Ellis was awesome as usual. Had a nice crowd, about 130, I'd say, which included loyal fans, folks from the Swannanoa Gathering where Ellis spent the week teaching songwriting, a whole lotta newbies, and even a couple from Hickory who went to high school with him (they even brought the yearbook!).

And here's the link to the podcast of the in-studio interview Ellis did at WWNC. It was so good. I watched it from the adjoining studio and was kind of messed up with the 7 second delay, especially during the 2 songs he played but aside from that, it was a great interview! He played Take All the Sky You Need & Jukebox on My Grave. I hope you enjoy it!

Ellis Paul podcast on WWNC's Take A Stand - recorded Aug. 2, 2007
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:30 am

Mtn Gal,

Awesome! I'm listening to the podcast! Thank you! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Mtn Gal,

Oh wow....you're right! What a great (and fun) interview! I love how after Ellis did his songs, the on-air guy promoted the Grey Eagle show by saying "if you too would like the Ellis Paul Experience".... :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 pm

We both listened in to this - what a great interview. Thought that the DJ was very well researched and asked intelligent questions. It took a little while for the podcast to get going but it was certainly worth the wait.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jela (+ Richard)

azrangeramy

check out another great artist...

Postby azrangeramy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 am

Hey Mtn. Gal (and others)...

If you're in the Asheville area, don't miss my 'other' fave folk artist (ok, ok, 'second favorite'), David Lamotte. I got hooked on his music when I lived in Asheville. Here's a link to hear his stuff (scroll down to the mp3's)...

http://www.davidlamotte.com/audiovideo.html

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:19 am

Thanks so much for posting that link, Amy. A few days after the Grey Eagle show, I met a woman who is a huge Ellis fan, was at the show (we actually stood next to each other and chatted with him but didn't know each other yet!) and told me all about David Lamotte. I hadn't heard his music though til I clicked on your link and I am so glad I did! What a phenomenal guitarist he is! The command he has over his instrument is truly amazing. He's got a great voice, too, and it doesn't hurt any that he's easy on the eyes! :wink:

He's got several dates coming up in my area so I will surely check him out. Thanks again! I love this board!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:31 am

Mtn Gal,

Thanks for making my day. :)

Just so Jela and I know for sure.....in your humble estimation.....would you describe David Lamotte as swoonworthy? ;)

KarenZ

Mtn Gal wrote:Thanks again! I love this board!!

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:08 am

LOL Karen! Having never seen him in person, I can't say for certain but my preliminary and humble estimation is that yes, he is swoonworthy!

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:07 am

You girls are making me chuckle here to myself especially as tonight I'm off to the first of three, yes three concerts this weekend by the 'swoonworthiest' himself as Karen calls him!

Jela

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:27 am

Okay, Jela ~ I've picked up a lot since joining the board not too long ago but forgive me, I don't know who Karen says is the swoonworthiest! Would you (or anyone!) shed some light for this newbie?

And I'd love to hear who you're going to see this weekend. I'm home with sick child so I'll live vicariously for a bit!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am

Mtn Gal,

We don't want to keep you in suspense any longer. The swoonworthiest would be Richard Shindell. :)

I hope the sick child is feeling better soon.

KarenZ

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:56 am

Ahhhh! Thank you and thank you for the good wishes. He just started Kindergarten so I knew it wouldn't be long before he picked up a new strain of germ!

Return to “3000 Miles”