Gravity Lounge - Charlottesville, VA - June 30, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

2bluesboys

Gravity Lounge - Charlottesville, VA - June 30, 2007

Postby 2bluesboys » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:35 pm

This is a very late report on this show. We have been traveling and I haven't been to my own computer for a few weeks.

We were supposed to be out of town for this show but some changes allowed us to hop down to Charlottesville at the last minute.

I am sorry that I did not write a set list :oops:

Ellis had very talented a 16 year old singer/songwriter/guitarist open for him at the Gravity Lounge. He is from Charlottesville, VA and his name was Rob Martin. He was really thrilled to opening for Ellis (who wouldn't be!). He did a great job. Watch for him in the future!

EP is really supportive of young musicians. In my book, that really says a lot about him.

We heard the "Million Chameleon March" and the Wabi Sabi song for the first time. I thought they were wonderful.

Ellis played "Blacktop Train" in the audience and asked my sons to sing the chorus. They were so thrilled. He remembered the name of their band and that thrilled them even more. As I said, Ellis is so kind and supportive to young people.

He sang "Let It Be" which always send chills through me.

The show was fantastic. This is a really wonderful venue. It feels really intimate, the audience is always attentive, and the seats are the best! If you get a chance go the next EP show at the Gravity Lounge on Aug. 4.

We are looking forward to the children's cd that is due out in Sept. We are going to buy them as Christmas presents for friends-young and old.

Barbara

Return to “3000 Miles”