XM Radio - Washington, DC - July 19, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

XM Radio - Washington, DC - July 19, 2007

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:54 pm

Folks,

A small audience - which included two of our essay contest winners - was permitted in the studio for the 1-hour performance EP recorded at XM Radio last week. It will be broadcast on XM's Channel 15 The Village at a later date. When I find out when, I'll be sure to post it.

The XM facilities are amazing. The sound system in the recording studio where we listened was fabulous. XM consists of an entire building (formerly housing the National Geographic) with aisles upon aisles of offices dedicated to individual radio shows/channels. I think EP has his own dedicated show. Elvis Presley, that is. ;)

Richard and Jela, who were in the states for WoodyFest, were in the audience and Ellis dedicated "jukebox on my grave" to them. Sweet. :) Ellis announced that the new Civil War song is now tentatively titled "The Cotton's Burning". I am really loving it. Ellis commented on the benefits of satellite radio - including being able to hear 3 versions of the same Townes Van Zandt song in a row on Mary Sue Twohy's show. (Mary Sue is an XM on-air host.) You can subscribe to a free XM Radio trial subscription at the link below. You may want to wait until the EP broadcast date is announced before taking advantage of the free trial. ;)

XM Radio - Channel 15 The Village

I'll let Shari will post the 10-song setlist.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:19 pm

I was fortunate to be part of that audience, and I was really blown away by the sound quality. Probably when I see the set-list, it will jar my memory, but right now the experience is just a blur of pleasure.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

shari

Postby shari » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi Folks,

Here is the setlist link:

http://ellispaul.setlistarchives.org/sh ... =200707192

Apologies for the short entry, burned my hand this evening. (proving beyond doubt to those who've seen me recently that I am a danger to myself and others - mostly myself)

It was an incredible time!

Shari

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:09 pm

Well we've just listened in to the show over the Internet and WOW! Great performance and wonderful memories of a very special day.

It's going to be repeated in a few days so don't miss it - full details on the tour page. You can get a 3 day free subscription and its very prompt - the confirming email takes a max of 30mins.

Enjoy!

Jela

Return to “3000 Miles”