Outerland on the Dock - Martha's Vineyard - July 24, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Patti

Outerland on the Dock - Martha's Vineyard - July 24, 2007

Postby Patti » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:20 pm

On The Dock
ELLIS PAUL
One of the leading voices in America's singer-songwriter contemporary folk circuit.
Literate, smart & poetic, he’s spun his story for over 20 years now with passion and still more greatness to come. Come out tonight and see why no other artist in the acoustic music scene is better loved by fans or more respected by his contemporaries.
(INFO)

Sounds like as good as reason as any for a road trip, I mean ferry trip!!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:27 am

There is no way I can do a midweek roadtrip. :(

I am pretty sure I can swing the free show in Plymouth the next day!

Wednesday, July 25th, 2007 6:30 PM
Plymouth, MA
Plymouth Waterfront
Water Street
Plymouth, MA 02360

phone: 508-747-7727

On Water Street near Plymouth Rock
FREE
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:15 am

Bonnie,

Proof that Thursday is the new Friday. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Folks,

Just another heads-up that this show will be streamed live at 9pm EST tonight on WMVY.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:54 pm

The show sounds great... Doesn't seem like many people are there, ( I knew we should have made a ferry trip) but I am cracking up as he tells the story of the people in the sauna and how he can swear on the internet. Do you think that people on MV just stayed home to listen instead of going out to the club?? I guess that is one downside to the internet broadcasting thing. Hopefully someone in Bally is listening (as Ellis said)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm listening. Sounds great. :) Antje sang with him on 5 songs.....

Oooh....Bonnie......he just invited "folk-rock legend" Flynn up to do a number. :) Blacktop Train - acoustic in the audience!

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:36 am

And I thought he had Flynn locked in his studio working on the kids' album. :P
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 am

Ellis may get his Schoolhouse Rock album yet! :)

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:19 am

Wouldn't that be "legendary folk rock" album!!

That is what the radio station called him!!

It was a great sounding show, just wish I could have been there, but I "should" see him tonight.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:48 pm

Folks

Unfortunately we missed the stream here in the UK (it was rather late and we were sound asleep !!) but hoping that the show will be added to the Archives on MVY Radio.

You can catch the show Antje did for them a few days ago. She was still in Woody Fest frame of mind. I've just listened to her singing "Oklahoma Hills". The link is:

mvyradio

Before the evening performance Ellis did an interview for the station which has been archived. Follow the above link. Includes the wonderful new Civil War song aka "Cotton's Burning" which we were lucky to hear at Woody Fest and the XM show in Washington.

Enjoy

Richard

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:07 am

Richard,

Thanks for the link. I also listened to the 3-song interview at 5:15pm and later managed to stay awake for the show - which started an hour later (9pm) that originally announced! :shock:

My computer is in the basement, so while listening I put the time to good use and swept the floor and dusted. Just call me Queen of Multi-tasking. ;)

Anyway, here's the setlist. Bonnie, Flynn was invited back up for the encore number. :)

1. Maria's beautiful mess
2. cotton's burning
3. once upon a summertime (piano)
Antje Duvekot helped on the next five songs:
4. Alice's Champagne Palace
5. 3000 Miles
6. Conversation with a ghost
7. Minor Key
8. Last call
Back to solo for:
9. Eighteen
10. Blacktop Train (unplugged in the audience with Flynn)
11. Home (piano)
12. I can't make you love me (with Antje)
13. Jukebox on my grave
14. Speed of trees
15. sweet mistakes (unplugged)
16. the world ain't slowing down
Encore:
17. Let it be (with Flynn)

Ellis made several comments regarding the fact that the show was being streamed over the Internet - and asked if the folks at WMVY knew how many people were listening. I wish there had been a way to e-mail a request. I would have requested "this old car" - then he'd have known the troops are never far. ;)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:46 pm

Folks

The evening concert is now available on the MVY Radio web site Archive section. Follow the following link and scroll down to Ellis Paul:

Outerland

Richard

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:48 pm

Woo Hoo!

Yee Haw!

:D

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:00 am

herve wrote:http://www.mvyradio.com/archives/index.php

- Performance, mvyradio studios, 2007

- Interview w/ Performance, Outerland, 2007

Enjoy!

Hervé

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:20 am

Thanks everyone for the link to this concert....as Ellis says at the start:

"the closest he'll ever come to playing Jimmy Buffet covers in Key West" :lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”