Makor - NYC - May 3, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Nance

Makor - NYC - May 3, 2007

Postby Nance » Mon May 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I went to hear Ellis at one of my favorite venues, Makor, in Manhattan. Ellis plays there 2-3 times of year, but unfortunately, this was his last show as Makor is relocating (to Tribeca). Ellis did point out that while he was one of their closiing acts, he will be one of the opening acts when Makor relocates.

The show was fabulous-though I can't say that I heard the opening act-my friend Norma and I had been planning on eating at Makor, but they had already closed down their restaurant, and so we hunted down some Chinese food, not wanting to hear Ellis (or drink any more wine) on an empty stomach.

Clearly, Ellis has been practicing the piano, and I enjoyed every minute of the show, in what has been a difficult year,.

Hope to be back on the board a bit more often!

Nancy :D

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue May 08, 2007 11:47 am

Nance,

I wondered if you would be at the Makor since you usually are! :) Nice to see you back on the board and thanks for the report! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Zo

Postby Zo » Thu May 31, 2007 12:47 am

Does anyone have the set list from this show?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu May 31, 2007 12:04 pm

Zo,

These are not necessarily in order:

The world ain't slowing down
angel in manhattan
maria's beautiful mess
conversation with a ghost
home
the day everything changed
alice's champagne palace
3000 miles
blacktop train
take all the sky you need
summertime

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”