Beal House - Kingston, MA - May 4, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

monicar

Beal House - Kingston, MA - May 4, 2007

Postby monicar » Thu May 03, 2007 9:22 am

I am taking my 15-year-old son to see Ellis Friday night, pretty much in my back yard.

Dennis has had a few Ellis songs on his IPOD for a while now, but a few months ago, he asked me if he could borrow Essentials and ended up putting the entire thing on his IPOD.

Can't tell you how big the smile on my face is when I hear him singing with Ellis on the top of his lungs.

He's been "spreading the word" to his friends!!!

He's a good boy! :D

Monica R.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu May 03, 2007 10:18 am

I will be there too!!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu May 03, 2007 10:46 am

Monica,

Way to go! We have to get this younger generation on board! Maybe Dennis will want to bring a friend or two! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu May 03, 2007 11:03 am

Bonnie, be sure and say hi if you see me first. I'll be the short one with a skinny, blonde teenager whose taller than I am!

And, Karen, I noticed that Ellis will be at WUMB's folk festival in September and told Dennis and he asked if he can bring a friend. Sounds like the word is spreading already!

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 pm

I will also be there...and Ellis, I'm putting in my request for "Rattle My Cage" It's my "almost" birthday and you told me to remind you!

Thanks!
Susan

monicar

Postby monicar » Sat May 05, 2007 11:33 am

GREAT show last night. So nice to meet Bonnie, Lynne and Susan.

My son loved it .... talked about it the whole ride home and immediately went upstairs and blasted Essentials.

Ellis, thank you as always for pouring your heart and soul into the show.

You and Flynn have to record "Let it Be" (please ..... buddy!!!) :lol:

See you in Oklahoma if not before then!

Monica R.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sat May 05, 2007 2:00 pm

I think it should be some kind of law that Flynn be at every Ellis show. Even of he doesn't perform. He just brings out the silliness in Ellis. The best stuff can't be repeated in mixed company, but there was some interesting banter between Ellis on stage and a disembodied Irish voice coming from the darkened "green room". There were a few ""I love you's", and talk of going home together. :lol:

Ellis started with a new song, and I'll admit, I was a little tense until I heard Maria a few songs later. To me that is the official start to any show. Despite his jokes to the contraty, it seems that Ellis is really getting pretty comfortable on the piano. Next thing you know he'll be using all the keys, and not just the white ones. :)

Here is the setlist courtesy of SusanH:

The Day After Everything Changes (tentative title for the Wabi Sabi song)
Summertime
Maria's Beautiful Mess (phew!)
Alice's Champagne Palace
Jukebox On My Grave
Take All The Sky You Need ~ in the audience
3000 Miles ~ in the audience
Blacktop Train ~ in the audience with Flynn
Home
God's Promise
The World Ain't Slowing Down
Kiss The Sun
Rollaway Bed

encore: Let It Be ~ with Flynn
Last edited by bonuela on Mon May 07, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat May 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Uh oh. I hope Vance doesn't find out that Ellis is a two-timer. ;)

Bonnie, I'd vote for that law. :)

Karen

bonuela wrote:I think it should be some kind of law that Flynn be at every Ellis show. Even of he doesn't perform. He just brings out the silliness in Ellis. The best stuff can't be repeated in mixed company, but there was some interesting banter between Ellis on stage and a disembodied Irish voice coming from the darkened "green room". There were a few ""I love you's and talk of going home together. :lol:

Ellis started with a new song, and I'll admit, I was a little tense until I heard Maria a few songs later. To me that is the official start to any show. Despite his jokes to the contraty, it seems that Ellis is really getting pretty comfortable on the piano. Next thing you know he'll be using all the keys, and not just the white ones. :)

"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon May 07, 2007 7:18 pm

Folks,

Here's a link to a stellar review of the show published today in Quincy, MA's Patriot-Ledger. Flynn got a thumbs-up too. :)

CONCERT REVIEW - Ellis Paul brings his beautiful mess to Kingston by Jay N. Miller

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon May 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Wow Karen, you beat me to it!!!

If you'd like a hard copy for the archives, let me know.

Monica R.

Return to “3000 Miles”