Club Passim - July 1, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

rglossne

Club Passim - July 1, 2006

Postby rglossne » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:09 pm

Just made the decision to travel to Cambridge for the late show on Saturday night. Anyone else planning to go?
Thank the Lord for the friends he cast in the play he wrote for you. --Ellis Paul

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:27 pm

Unfortunately (well, sort of), I will be up home in Maine then, so can't make the show. But it should be great one - his shows there usually are !
Jeff

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:34 pm

I'll be there! I got dinner seating so my boyfriend can finally try the mac and cheese and so I can sit nice and close! I don't have enough money to buy my EP pin at the moment. I know, they're $5. :oops: Anyone else going to be wearing their pin at the show?
Where do you live? I'm about 40 minutes north of Boston.
-Katie

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:44 pm

I can't make it, but some of my non board friends will be there.

Might I suggest the "blonde on blonde" pizza, but without the tofu mash.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

worththewhiskey

Postby worththewhiskey » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:35 am

JAL, and RG

I also live 40 mins N. Boston, in Dracut. I will be @ the 10 pm show with my bf as well.
I will actually be driving in from Salem, Ma- I am going to Witchstock earlier in the day.
Email me if you would like to meet up for a drink.

Trish
I don't know where I am going, but I am on my way.

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:09 pm

Hmm tempting but I am too broke to afford one of the lapel pins so I can't do drinks unless my boyfriend is treating!
I just made myself a vintage style shirt for the occasion. I made a stencil of a Michael Kelly guitar and put "ep" in the corner. It's orange so I will be easily identified :lol: A soft orange...
Trish, you were in Groton with your little one, right? I lived in Dracut til I was three and I've lived in Methuen since.
-Katie

rglossne

Postby rglossne » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:26 pm

I'm traveling up from central Pennsylvania with my daughter, who is 18 and a big fan, to see my mother(76) who lives in Melrose. My mom will be coming with us to the show, so I think a drink is probably out :)
Where do we get the buttons? It's probably too late now for this show.
BTW, my grandmother had a cottage in Dracut when I was a kid!
Thank the Lord for the friends he cast in the play he wrote for you. --Ellis Paul

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:08 pm

Send a PM to KarenZ and she'll fix you up.

Have fun all.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:08 am

Posted by worththewhiskey and moved here from a separate thread.

10 pm show was great. Sorry did not write down a set list. This was a small crowd (80-100 people I am guessing) compared to his other local shows I have been to.
He seemed to rely on the audience, and took request throught out the show. Did alot of old songs, and talked about the Best of Album, and how he was finalizing it today. He asked for the audiences imput if certain songs should be on the album. He not too sure if Galio, and Rollaway will be on this next album. (release date 9/27)
Before the show, I bribed him with candy(Gummie Lobsters) to play Welcome home to Maine, and too post it to Myspace. There was so much talk of it on the old board - I wanted to hear it. Awesome song!
Anjte was in the audience and joined in for Champ. Pla., and ended with Minor Key. Minor Key was excellent -I hope it makes it to the new album. I love Champ Pla., and I love Anjte- and I have heard them do this before at the Marblehead show. But he sings over her on this song- I wish he would let her have a chourus or something.
Anjte also came up in the end and did Pearls(???), after (I think) Katie suggested it.
Awesome show Passim is my fav. Venue!!!!!
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:24 am

My recommendation to all fans with special requests:

Top of the grocery list: gummy lobsters!!! :lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:06 pm

I'm learning a whole new vocabulary via this discussion board - baby dolls, cotton candy, tootsie rolls and now gummy lobsters!!!!

Jela

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Antje actually played South. I asked for Pearls, which is my favorite, plus Ellis sings in it. I really love all the songs I've heard from Antje-- I just wanted to hear her voice! Ellis did drown her out when she joined him onstage earlier in the night.
He finally played Changing Your Name for me. Yay! I forgot to show him my shirt. I'll have to post a picture of it. I got two compliments on it earlier in the day from random strangers... I don't think they knew what the "ep" stood for, but I guess I did a pretty good job making it!
It was a really great show, very laid-back. Ellis was open to requests and talked a lot with the audience. Felt very personal! With every show I go to I become more enamored :D
Mike has been singing Bad Bad Blood all morning, haha.
-Katie

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:45 pm

Thanks for the reports! Ooh...wow...."changing your name".....awesome! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:47 am

My spy tells me that both shows were terrific. A lot of audience participation and some rarities.

Great. :x Why couldn't she have lied and told me that it was no big deal. But nooooo I have to miss 2 amazing shows. :?

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:08 am

Bonnie, I feel your pain......but jalapenos do tend to spice things up a bit!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:10 pm

I suppose they do, but Katie was not my spy. :P

It was someone who ::gasp:: does not post here. :shock:

Return to “3000 Miles”