Jonathan's Restaurant - Ogunquit, ME - Aug. 5, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:07 pm

Not everyone had the blueberries. :lol:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

PeteM

Postby PeteM » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:09 pm

Wasn't it our very own KarenZ who yelled out the Need a Girl band name possibility? And then it went on to her asking if she got to go on the road, and Ellis came back with that wonderful pithy comment about the fact that she is!
Peter

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:21 pm

That Ellis. He's almost as quick witted as the "Call Me" guy. :D

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:22 pm

Actually I yelled out "you need a girl!" - meaning that the new group needed a female member. In which case a good name might be Martin, Paul and Mary. ;) Me being Mary, of course. ;)

Pete, it was great meeting you! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:32 pm

If you want to be Mary, they are going to need two girls. Lauren just has to be their Dropette. I picture her up there with a tambourine and a cow bell. I really do. 8)

I see you taking on a more serious musical role. Do you play the piano perhaps?

You and Lauren will be up on stage, Paddy can manage them and I'll sell the merch.

Sorry Lyn, Susan, Sue Ellen and the rest. Someone needs to be in the audience hootin' and hollerin'.

:mrgreen:

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:03 pm

I can manage to imagine that whole scenario just mentioned....thanks Bon :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:44 pm

Oh Bonnie...you are crackin' me up. :lol:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

PeteM

Postby PeteM » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey...I play the piano. I get to be the guy on the ivories while Karen and Lauren do the Dropette thing. I can even play the black keys 8)
Peter

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Oh man, Bonnie! This whole thing is cracking me UP! "Dropette" - HA! I'm so flattered that you could picture me "rockin' on the cow bell" (scary to think I've actually done that once or twice) with the Indigo Boys, when in actuality I'd most likely be trying to hide behind the piano...
8)
So much fun meeting/seeing you all - hope to see/meet you/more of you soon!
~Dropette #1
PS
If I'M to be a Dropette, Bonuela, dear - you most DEFINITELY would need to be, too!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:31 pm

I could never be any band's -ette.

It has been a lifelong embarassment.

I have no rhythm.

None.

I can not even clap along at shows. :oops:

When I was in Kindergarten they took that scrapy fish percussion thing away from me because I was messing up the rest of the 5 year olds. It's only been downhill since then. With some extensive lessons I hope someday to master the triangle. But as of yet, no success. :(

shannon

Shows In Mass???

Postby shannon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:49 am

Has anyonw been to either of the venues in Mass on Sept. 16, 17th? Probably couldn't make the 16th but have the 17th off.....I would be willing to make the drive any idea?????

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:20 am

I haven't been to either venue, but I'm trying for the Natick show on the 16th. I'm going to see Flynn on the 17th, so that's a no for me.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:32 am

Oh, is the Flynn show the benefit concert thingy? I would like to see that.... Decide, decide, decide...

shannon

flynn?

Postby shannon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:11 pm

Where is the flynn show on the 17th????

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:30 pm

There is all the info in the Flynn thread.

http://ellispaul.com/discussion/viewtop ... =1977#1977

He is playing a radio station benefit in Weymouth MA. It includes dinner. You should go!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:47 pm

Thanks Bonnie for not letting this Ogunquit thread morph into another Flynn thread! :)

KarenZ

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:47 pm

*phew* Good save, Bonuela!!!

:mrgreen:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:10 pm

It was so sweet how Ellis autographed Bonnie's CD on Saturday night to "Bonuela". Holy crap! I guess he *does* read the board! :lol: :lol:

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:18 pm

Personally I found it kinda creepy. It's almost as though he's stalking me.

:lol:
Sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:47 pm

This is a bit of a cross post but not really so bear with me.

As it relates to a Photo taken in Ogunquit on Aug.5th.

As it relates to a Photo not taken shortly thereafter on the rooftop of Gypsy Sweethearts around the corner from Jonathan's. This scene was not captured on film but was, thankfully, forever etched in my mind as it unfolded.

It's all about someone on the Board of Devotees who I feels deserves the fan Photo of the week....there's the cross - posting I warned about - even tho the rules of that contest have little to do with my point here now. Perhaps we need a newly added contest that presents a picture of one of Ellis' fans in their fandom element.

I'm speaking, on both counts, of our beloved Lauren. First, there is the obvious photo of her with Ellis that is now her avatar. What a moment captured forever on film. :D

Now for the scene that was not captured on any camera, but there nonetheless. I returned to our table on the rooftop of Gypsy Sweethearts to find that we had been joined by one of the bar's patrons. He was a young talkative local who kept us entertained for the better part of an hour. As I sat down with the round for the table, he obviously had just posed a question to the girls that must have been something along the lines of: "So, what brings you to Ogunquit tonight?"

To which our own Lauren replies, as she holds up her newly acquired Live from Club Passim CD for this fellow to have a good look at:

ELLIS PAUL......ELLLLLIS PAAAUUUUL...ELLIS PAUL with a smile on her face every bit as big as the one seen in the photo she had just taken with the man himself. Maybe bigger. :D

I'm fairly certain he had know idea what she was saying, but that's not the point........the point is that Lauren knew what she was saying!!!

That's all I'm saying.

Thanks Lauren. :wink:
paddy

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:56 am

Awww... Thanks Paddy. :oops: Feeling a mite bit self-conscious now. Geez. :oops:

BUT

I'm definitely feelin' the love now! :wink:

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:22 am

Lauren.....not for a minute should you go feelin a mite bit self - conscious. We are here - in Ellis' own words to KarenZ upon their first meeting - to SPREAD THE WORD - and you represent the spirit of that sentiment in every way - so don't go changing a thing. Ellis is lucky to have the kind of devotees on board here and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

I'm also pretty sure his core group of friends, family, and fans, not to mention newbies that are popping in for the first time, are gettin a big ol charge outta seeing the love being poured all over this site, coming from all directions towards all entities well worth the sentiment.

Keep on Keepin on is all I'm really saying.

I noticed just now that we have 2 registered users, 1 hidden user, and 3 guests on the board. And That hidden user had better not be YOU. Don't you even think 'bout going shy on us. :lol:
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:47 pm

What's the definition of a hidden user? Is it someone who is a member but isn't logged on? Just curious.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:54 pm

Jela,

A hidden user is a registered member who has chosen in their profile to hide their online status. A guest would be a lurker - someone who reads the board but who isn't a registered member. So, in essence there are 3 categories of board activity:

Members
Guests
Hidden Users

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:54 pm

There is an option in your profile to show or hide online status.

This is if you want to be able to read and post without your name showing up as being online.

I'm not sure who would need that option. If you want to read and not post, just don't log on. If you do want to post people will know you are online anyway.

Unless it is the subject of the message board trying to see what we say about him without being spotted. :P

I was trying to explain "Touch My Butt Weird" to someone and they didn't think it was funny. Imagine that!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:03 pm

KarenZ wrote:

A hidden user is a registered member who has chosen in their profile to hide their online status. A guest would be a lurker - someone who reads the board but who isn't a registered member. So, in essence there are 3 categories of board activity:

Members
Guests
Hidden Users

Just to clarify, when registered members come to the board, they appear as guests until they log in, and at that time their appearance changes from guest to registered user online.

So, in essence, you could look at the current online users, see 5 guests, and they could all be Board Of Devotees who are browsing the board but just yet to log in.

that's right...we all have fond memories of days of yore when we too lurked and enjoyed that level of anonymity...... :lol: so to return to that level of comfort from time to time is actually lotsa fun. :D
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:29 pm

Shall we move this to the new software thread??

:D

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:03 pm

Bonnie, yes, of course we could move it over to the new software thread, and by that I think you mean the Likes and Dislikes section of the Board, right?

Unless of course there's some new thread I'm unaware of.

Sometimes my level of sophistication is so this morning........ :P
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:53 pm

Folks,

Do you guys want to hazard a guess as to why this par-tic-u-lar (said in my best Ellis Paul) :wink: thread has more than 26,000 views? :shock: Could that many people be Googling for information on Ogunquit? :? OK...maybe if it was still summer....but I've been watching this number....and it was 24,000 a couple weeks ago....so why is it still getting so many views??? The show was 3 months ago!! :D

KarenZ

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:42 pm

I think it is the comments about Touch my butt weird......
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:52 pm

Jeff,

I think you may be onto something here. Gee, thanks Bonnie. ;)

And here I was thinking it was the pink capo. ;)

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:38 pm

KarenZ wrote:It was so sweet how Ellis autographed Bonnie's CD on Saturday night to "Bonuela". Holy crap! I guess he *does* read the board! :lol: :lol:

KarenZ

Clearly he reads the board. The first thing he said to me Saturday was "I heard you got lost the other night."

Lesson learned. I will stop bad mouthing him on a public forum. :P

Hi Ellis!!
There has to be a huge number of Google searches for:
touch my butt weird brand pink capo locations in Ogunquit ME.

There is no other explaination.

:lol:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:49 pm

I said THAT :?: :!: I don't remember saying that....did I say that when I was still jet-lagged? Holy crap is right. ;)

KarenZ

KarenZ wrote:It was so sweet how Ellis autographed Bonnie's CD on Saturday night to "Bonuela". Holy crap! I guess he *does* read the board! :lol: :lol:

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:40 pm

OMG. Only 9 days have passed since I noticed that this thread had 26,000 views.....and it's up to 27,115. :shock:

WHY?????

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:47 pm

I fall asleep clicking the link to this thread....... :P

Nah.....only kidding......haven't a clue. It is curious.
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:33 pm

paddyinthepub wrote:I fall asleep clicking the link to this thread....... :P

Ha Ha!! :lol:

How does it compare to other threads?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Wow.....46,000+ views on this thread! :shock:

Just so you all know.....I e-mailed Jonathan a few days ago asking if he planned on having Ellis back this summer. This was his reply:

"I have not got a date as of yet for Ellis. If I find one that works we will put it on our web site. Thanks for asking."

Not sure if that sounds positive or non-commital. What do you guys think? I'm hoping something shakes out for late August....

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed May 02, 2007 1:51 pm

EPDB annual gathering part deux?

I like it. I like it a lot. :D

wendy

Postby wendy » Thu May 03, 2007 6:49 am

Oooh, I'd TRY to make it!
(Mainer currently having EP withdrawl...)
-wendy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:38 am

As we near the first anniversary of this show I thought I'd add a post to the thread with 80,000 views! :shock:

This was such a lovely show and a fun gathering.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:27 am

Be great if the social scientist would chime in on this one.... :shock:

What a time it was!!! I think the high number might be that guy at the rooftop bar checking back on an hourly basis to see when we'll return.

I thought surely we'd plan another one around the anniversary -- but -- NOOOOO!!!!

Ellis, hard travellin guy that he is, has Alaska in our sights.... 8)
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddy

danaj

Postby danaj » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:52 am

After reading all 5 pages of posts on this one :shock: I felt the need to just chime in and say... I'm already putting back money for Alaska :!: :lol:

EP Devotees-R-Us... the Oklahoma chapter...
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:46 pm

Ooooh! I like it! :D

KarenZ

danaj wrote:EP Devotees-R-Us... the Oklahoma chapter...

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:47 pm

Folks,

BTW......inquiring minds may want to know......Newmarket, NH is only 27 miles from Ogunquit, ME...... 8)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:09 am

Folks,

Just noticed that this thread is now up to 195,000 views! :shock:

(It continues to amaze me.) :D

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Standing in line at Starbucks last month an elderly fellow commented on my winter coat referring to it as a p-coat.

I never thought of it in terms of a p-coat, but knew what he meant. Naturally I asked him about the handsome fleece he was wearing.

"Oh, we were up in Ogunquit, Me., recently" he said. :shock:

He mentioned a side trip to Portland, Me. where he purchased the pullover at the home and headquarters of ???

Maybe Land's End?

paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 pm

I know LL Bean is headquartered there.....in Freeport actually....

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 pm

That was it.....LL Bean. Thanks.

I just love it when I cross paths with folks and for some strange reason this sleepy little seaside getaway comes up in conversation.

And of course I love being able to say "Oh yeah, I was there 2 summers ago"

paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”