Concerts at the Crossings - Titusville, NJ - Dec. 2, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

barb62

Concerts at the Crossings - Titusville, NJ - Dec. 2, 2006

Postby barb62 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:02 pm

WOW - what a great show. It was my first time meeting Flynn and seeing him perform. I'm hooked! Ellis and Flynn performed "Let It Be" which was phenominal and "She's The One" - It was a real treat hearing this new song (Ellis & Flynn co-wrote it). The dynamic duo also did an incredible version of "Blacktop Train" with dueling guitars. Songs included:

Maria' Beautiful Mess
Jukebox on my Grave
Take All the Sky You Need
Home
Alice's Champage Palace
Snow in Austin
The Night the lights went out on Christmas (poem)
Let it be
Blacktop Train
The Ballad of Chris McCandless
Speed if Trees
The World Ain't Slowing Down
If She's the one

I also got the pleasure of meeting Karen Z. for the first time and Sue Ellen. All in all it was another fantastic Ellis night with the added bonus of Flynn. I also purchased 4 Ellis T-shirts which are gifts to my children and myself.

Can't wait till next time!

Barb62

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Folks,

The Unitarian Church in Titusville, NJ was packed last night with close to 200 enthusiastic fans attending the Ellis Paul revival. ;) Ellis and Flynn were RED HOT and the sound in the sanctuary was simply exquisite. Scott Cullen and the Concerts at the Crossing volunteers roll out the red carpet and provide a terrific environment for live music - replete with fringe benefits like free beverages and home-baked goodies. :)

I had not been in Titusville since Ellis Paul show #2 back on Nov. 22, 1997... and since EP show #1 was an "accident", show #2 in Titusville was actually my first planned Ellis show....so when I learned that Ellis had not been back in the 9 years since it made last night's the show even more special for me.

It was so nice meeting barb62 and seeing another EP lapel pin in the audience! Thanks for wearing it Barb! :)

Ellis sent the poem "The night the lights went out on Christmas" out to Harvey and Gail. Loved hearing Ellis and Flynn do "If she's the one" - although they had to prompt each other for lyrics. ;)

Flynn did:

1. strange
2. my emerald dream
3. black is the color
4. human (told story about meeting Cher and her covering this song in a movie)
5. be careful what you wish for (written in car with Antje and Ellis a few months ago)
Encore: (The audience loved him!)
6. White Horses

As Barb noted, Flynn assisted Ellis on "let it be", "blacktop train" and the encore "if she's the one". Flynn commented that he loves playing for Ellis Paul fans. :)

Ellis was in rare form both nights with the jokes....including commenting (as he sat at the beautiful Yamaha piano to do "home") "Yamaha....motorcycles AND pianos." :)

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:56 pm

Curses. :x Susan and I were thisclose to a roadtrip this weekend, but we were afraid of weather. :(

Sounds like a great one to see, a bad one to miss.

2 new Flynn songs. ? :shock:

Thanks for the reports! I'm glad everyone enjoyed. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

shari

Postby shari » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:29 pm

I am finally getting caught up on the setlist that were sent in this past week. It was a busy one! Thanks to everyone who posted....

Here is the setlist link for this show.... Enjoy!

Click here to see the setlist.

Shari

Return to “3000 Miles”