Middle Earth Music Hall - Bradford VT - Dec 8, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Middle Earth Music Hall - Bradford VT - Dec 8, 2006

Postby bonuela » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:45 am

Is anyone from here going?

A Flynn and Ellis double bill is just too much to pass up. :P Weather permitting, Lyn (meetngreet) and I will be there.

I think even the possibility of an If She's The One duet is well worth the drive. :mrgreen:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:50 pm

It was a wonderful show. As they all are. :D

The setlist should be up shortly at: http://ellispaul.setlistarchives.org/setlists.html
Ellis seemed to be in a silly mood. He was introduced as "USA Today's most beautiful man" by some strange Irish announcer. :P His mic stand wasn't completely under the lights onstage. At one point he started doing "jazz hands" from out of the shadow. I do have one picture of him trying to scoot into the light. When he sang Jukebox on My Grave, in addition to Johnny Cash singing Ring Of Fire, he also sang Boy Named Sue, Walk the Line, Folsom Blues and many more. He referred to Snow In Austin as the first Texas Christmas Roadkill song ever written. When Flynn joined Ellis unplugged in the audience to sing 2 songs they started teasing each other. Being unplugged we couldn't hear everything, but I did catch"riverdance" and "potato picker" thrown in there. And lots of giggling. Ah, boys will be boys. :lol:

While they didn't do If She's The One, their versions of Let It Be and Blacktop Train were worth the drive. I get chills everytime I hear Let It Be.

HERE are the pictures.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:15 pm

Great review, Ms. Bonnie! So bummed I couldn't make it (dang car), but glad you 2 made it (and home!) ok! How many days now until this same double bill at Passim?

:D

shari

Postby shari » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:08 pm

Return to “3000 Miles”