Makor - NYC - Oct. 25, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Nance

Makor - NYC - Oct. 25, 2006

Postby Nance » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can't wait to hear Ellis at Makor tomorrow night...anyone going? I will be there with friend Norma.

Nancy :D

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:41 pm

Hey Nance,

Sure wish I could say I was going to the show in NYC tomorrow night but it's just not in the cards for me. Living west of Philadelphia it's not entirely out of reach for me, it's just that it's a school night and all that.

The distance would do me good tho - I need a roadtrip - and actually have one coming up this weekend - to see Antje Duvekot in Teaneck NJ at the house concert she's playing on Sunday. :D

One of my favorite songs to take on roadtrips back in the day was the one titled " Nothing Like A Hundred Miles " By James Taylor.

It's true.... :D

Enjoy the show everyone.
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:02 pm

I'll be there!!!!! :-)

I'll race you to enter the setlist!!!

:-)

Shari

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:53 pm

Paddy, I love that JT song, actually that was from one of my favorite albums of his. (Yes I have them all) Never thought of it for a road trip, I guess because I didn't drive back in the 70's!! Everytime I drive to Philadelphia (which is at least a few times a year) I play Sailing to Philadelphia by JT and Mark Knopfler.. Awesome duet...

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:52 pm

Hey Patti....while I usually have all JT releases, I have to say the duet with Mark Knopfler has yet to reach my collection. I'll have to change that.

Believe it or not, my early JT collection for the car was in the form of 8 Track tapes.....when they were going out of style you could buy them for as little as 25 cents an album - and that was new in the plastic.

And so it would be that on roadtrips - with about 30 or 40 of these 8 tracks along for the ride ( my collection was 400 strong before it was over ) i would inevitably pop in the JT tape - and I would time it just so, that when the odometer had clicked off an even hundred miles from home, James would begin to sing:

I have tried..to forget about you...baby I have failed.

There was always such a load lifted at the 100 mile distance from home when this tune was playing. Literally a sigh of relief.

Back on topic - Nance and Shari - racing to post the setlist for Ellis' upcoming show at Makor in NYC....may the fastest typer win!!! :lol:

I'm wondering - Shari and Nance - do you have your EP lapel pins to wear to the show so you can say hey??? If enough board members chime in here for this one, maybe ya can get one of those cool tables reserved up front with the EP Devotees signs on it. :)

Have fun guys and gals, and look forward to your reports on the show.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:33 am

Sadly, I do not have mine yet.... Karen is bringing mine to Outpost in the Burbs in December.

:-)

Nance

Postby Nance » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:21 am

Hi,

Racing off to teach!!! Magnificent evening. I will post the setlist and any pics later=Don't think Ellis ever had to compete with a speed dating event before!

Nancy :roll:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:27 am

Nance,

What a tease you are. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

shari

Postby shari » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 am

Hi Everyone,

It was a great night....

I'll post stories later too but here is the setlist (Nance double check me!)

Setlist

Nance - it was great to meet you!

Shari

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:28 am

Oooohhhhh....he did "here she is". I wonder if EP knew that yesterday was Picasso's birthday. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”