House Concert - Newton, MA - Oct. 29, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

House Concert - Newton, MA - Oct. 29, 2006

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:59 am

Folks,

Is anyone planning to go to this Club Passim benefit show? I wasn't planning to go, but now I'm having second thoughts....and need to work out the logistics. Thought maybe there's someone out there who could help....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:20 pm

I just bought my ticket. There are a few more left. It sounds great!! This should be a very intimate show. No more than 60 people in a private home. I can't wait. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

shari

Postby shari » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:19 pm

This had to be scheduled on the day of my house concert.......

Have fun folks!

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:36 pm

Was very tempted but I am afraid the budget will not permit it. Really wanted to go to the songwriting workshop earlier in the day at Passim, but Fall baseball playoffs will supercede that one.......
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:13 am

shari wrote:This had to be scheduled on the day of my house concert.......

Have fun folks!

I'm with Shari..... :wink: ....have fun everybody. Let us know...... :D

And on Jeff's note.......Fall baseball is great. It just is.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:32 pm

I've been putting the house back together following my Antje show today :-) separate thread on that later!!!!

But I just got my concert call from this show.... HOW COOL IS THAT!!! I'm saving that message forever. THANKS Bonnie!!! This is definately a wonderful community to be a part of.

Truly thanks for thinking of me.

:-)

Shari

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:01 am

Of course the show was amazing, but I had sooooo much trouble getting there that I was entirely too frazzled to do everything I should have. I got so unbelievably lost. I drove around for an entire hour, never more than a mile away from the house. :x

That was my disclaimer in case you saw me and thought I was rude. :P I didn't talk to people. I never got the chance to thank the hosts, or say "hi" to Ellis. As soon as the show was over, I ran back to my car.

Now on to what you all want to hear...............................

This was in a gorgeous home that Ellis said seemed like a castle. The place felt like it was built for live music. He played unamplified and his voice bounced off the high ceilings. It could not have sounded better. People were absolutely silent and respectful during the whole show. It was truly wonderful. :D

I had to ask the gentleman sitting next to me for help since I missed the first 2 songs. Thanks!

Jukebox On My Grave
Take All The Sky You Need
Snow In Austin
Blacktop Train
She Was
Maria's Beautiful Mess
If You Break Down
World Ain't Slowing Down
~wine break~
Dear Prudence (Beatles cover)
Kiss The Sun
Way Down Yonder In The Minor Key (Woody Guthrie cover)
Clarity
Alice's Champagne Palace
Roll Away Bed ~ he replaced the word bars with castles
Words
Lonesome Valley
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

shari

Setlist Posted

Postby shari » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi Everyone.... this setlist has been posted to the setlist site.

http://ellispaul.setlistarchives.org/showlist.php?show=200610293

Thanks!

Shari

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:31 am

Bonnie - thanks for the report and hope that you didn't get lost on the way home!

Seeing and hearing people at House Concerts is a very special experience so as always I'm really envious of you all who get to see EP on a regular basis, and this one in particular, as it sounds as if it was in a fabulous setting.

The concept of house concerts has found its way over to England and thank goodness we have the opportunity to attend them at a place only a few miles away from our home. Our first one was Tracy Grammer last December and we have been to a few more since. Long may they continue.

Jela

Return to “3000 Miles”