Franklin MA - Nov. 04, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Franklin MA - Nov. 04, 2006

Postby bonuela » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Saturday, November 4th, 2006 8:00 PM
Franklin MA
Circle of Friends Coffeehouse
Franklin MA

phone: 508-528-2541

With special guest Antje Duvekot

Who's in?

I am!!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:02 pm

I'll be there!
-Katie

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:44 pm

Hoping to be there - bound to be a good show. May even bring the children.....
Jeff

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:37 am

You know that I'm in :D I"ll even drive!
Susan

shari

Postby shari » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:23 pm

Ugh! I can't believe this! I will be in the Boston area that weekend, but I already have other music plans.... :-( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie I would LOVE to meet you!

Remember to enter a setlist and have fun ya'll.... :-)

Shari

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:50 pm

Wait, I lied. I'm going to the show in Londonderry the night before. :)
-Katie

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:55 pm

I'm going to both! Total Ellis overload next weekend. Maybe I'll actually take his cds out of my car after 2 shows in a row
-Katie

shari

Londonderry NH - Nov. 3rd 2006

Postby shari » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:35 pm

Who's going? Katie? Anyone else? Just wondering who I might get to meet. I'll be in Boston for the weekend and thought I'd start the weekend with this show... hope I can still get tickets...

:-)

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Shari I got an email from Circle of Friends that said tickets are going fast and PROBABLY NOT available at the door. I think they use the PAYPAL system so you should be able to order them in advance...I'll be there with my Lapel Pin on...

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:50 pm

Patti, FYI, you're all set to use your guest pass at the Circle of Friends show.

Karenz
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:00 am

I lost my pin! It fell off my bag constantly and now I can't find it.
-Katie

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:31 am

Yes Karen I know :) I emailed them to make sure and was told the Karen Z. had taken care of it!! Thanks a million..

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:14 am

Jalapenos wrote:I lost my pin! It fell off my bag constantly and now I can't find it.

Katie - You could always wear that cool EP shirt you made.... :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

heresheis

Postby heresheis » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:34 pm

I'll be there, too..... any chance of any lapel pins being available?? who came up with that?

I'll be looking for the rest of you "raising a glass" (or in Franklin, a paper coffee cup)!

Leigh

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 pm

SOLD OUT woo hoo!! Go Ellis!! :mrgreen:

Who else got tickets??

mm

Postby mm » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:08 pm

Yes, with the sold out status, several other of my coworkers were going to join in (is also very near to where I work), but they'll just have to catch another time!

heresheis

Postby heresheis » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:20 am

I'll be there with hubby and daughter in tow... at 9 she's a big fan already, and she throws Ellis quotes around as much as everyone here! When we brought her puppy, Skye, to be spayed she told the vet- "take all the sky you need" ! I think I might actually be doing something right in this whole world of parenting!

Who else got tix?

-- Leigh

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:17 pm

I plan on making a special request tonight :lol:
I saw him in Londonderry last night, too. I don't even need to tell you that it was amazing because every show is amazing. I particularly enjoyed the song he wrote about Antje, haha.
-Katie

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:07 am

Wonderful show as always, but I just got home and I leave for the airport in just 5 hours so I will need to write more later.

The highlights for me were, Blacktop Train with Flynn, unplugged. Right in front of me. :D And Let It Be, with both Flynn and Antje.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:12 pm

Folks,

Thought I'd copy these comments about last night's show at the Circle of Friends Coffeehouse which were posted in the Club Passim - Oct. 28, 2006 thread (along with comments about that show as well.)

KarenZ

gundicus wrote:Just saw him @ the Franklin show @ the Circle of Friends Coffeehouse - Unitarian/Universalist society center - super set! Ellis performed the 'debut' live performance of 'If She's the One' & managed to pull of his b-flat piano rendition of 'Home' - due to the audience insisting that he at least try it & not be afraid to embarrass himself (kudos Ellis - you'll master the 'black keys' yet!). Antje Duvekot opened & Flynn accompanied Ellis on several songs (notably a rousing rendition of Blacktop Train -boy, Flynn can play a guitar - woo-hoo! :shock: ). Antje joined Ellis for a gorgeous version of 'Conversation with a Ghost' - before which he quipped 'I don't need Patty Griffin - i've got the NEW Patty Griffin right here!'. Antje has just signed with Ellis' management company & i'm certain that big things are in her future with Ralph at the wheel & Ellis proclaiming her the next 'big thing' everywhere he goes - and deservedly so!
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:14 pm

I asked for If She's the One and Ellis said he'd rehearse it with Flynn between sets. I didn't think I was actually going to get to hear it! :D
I went with three friends, one of whom was not very familiar with Ellis. It's fun to see a show with somone who is hearing the jokes and stories for the first time! The librarian story was a good one-- I haven't heard that one before.

I saw Ellis in the lobby during Antje's set and he said something along the lines of, "Good to see you...again." I talked him about 24 hours ago in Londonderry :P So when is "If We Took the Medicine Away," the 12-step part of the message board getting started?
-Katie

shari

Setlist Posted!

Postby shari » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:19 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry I was a slacker this weekend! I received more than one report from this show, so I mixed the notes... :-)

http://ellispaul.setlistarchives.org/showlist.php?show=200611043

I will post Friday night's show a little later....

Have a great Monday!

Shari

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:32 pm

I put my pictures from Friday at Tupelo up on the Photo board. If you want to know what Saturday at Circle of Friends looked like, just picture Antje in a different colored shirt and pretend it says "Circle of Friends" instead of "Tupelo" in the background. :lol:
I went to both shows and those were the only two differences!
-Katie

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:22 pm

I'm still cleaning up the photos, but here is a video to tide you over.

P.S. I love my camera!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZvwLurLx1A

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:33 pm

I love your camera too, Bonnie....... :D

you and youtube are too cool....... 8) 8)

Thanks for the quick fix. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:20 am

Bonnie - what a wonderfu treat to start the day off watching this video - Thank you, thank you

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:26 am

Bonnie,

Wow. I'm sitting here with goose bumps. This is Maria at her naked best. And I mean that.

Thanks for reducing me to tears first thing this morning.

KarenZ

wendy

Postby wendy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:15 am

WOW!! :shock: :shock:
I love it! (can you include that link in an Amazon review??)

Thanks Bonnie!
-wendy

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:54 am

Yes, great video Bonnie, I was sitting next to you and didn't even know you were "taping." I do know that Franklin Public TV was taping. The show should be rebroadcast later this week. I am trying to get the schedule and a copy of the show. It is no surprise to say this was another great show. I don' t know how Ellis does it night after night. Maybe it's the black shirt!! It was a sold out show. The police were directing traffic on the main road. When they came in, for the yummy desserts no doubt, Ellis commented they must be disappointed by the calmness of 300 folk fans!! Ellis also mentioned his tatoo, but didn't show it, neither did Antje. I guess the flipping the bird story was enough teasing for the night. I've been to many shows over the past 10 years, all of them enjoyable but Ellis seems to be enjoying his time on stage too. Lucky for us he likes his job!!
Nice to meet a few board members Saturday night too... I will try to make it to the next "official" get together!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:07 am

Patti wrote:Yes, great video Bonnie, I was sitting next to you and didn't even know you were "taping."

Thanks! I try to be considerate with my camera. I rarely (not never) use a flash, and I shut the display when I video. This of course leads to the 2 videos of the ceiling that I took. :oops:

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Bonnie - great work !
Jeff

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:44 pm

urlI don't know how I saw Patti's post and none of the others. Thank you all.

You make me blush. :mrgreen:

As I might have mentioned a million times before, that is my favorite song, and it is a nice memory from the show.

Maybe for fun I will post another one. No exageration, it is a video of the tippy top of Ellis' head and the ceiling. Since it's Let It Be with Antje and Flynn it might still be worth a listen. :D

HERE are the pictures

Return to “3000 Miles”