Newport Folk Festival - July 30, 2011

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

mm

Newport Folk Festival - July 30, 2011

Postby mm » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:58 pm

It's already sold out! Two weeks aways for a huge outdoor state park festival (July 30th and 31st). I've been there a couple times and always got my ticket at the door that day. Man! Ellis is playing Saturday among many other great names. Great crowd for our EP!

I was also quite interested in seeing The Civil Wars, a compelling duo, on the Sunday, but guess that will have to be at another time!

Richard + Jela

Re: Newport Folk Festival

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:00 pm

I have fond memories of Newport Folk Festival. Went in 2002 and 2003 and enjoyed it all even the mud bath that was Sunday 2003 when my sandals sank down into the squelch!

First time I saw EP play live was 2003, more than 10 years after buying his CDs; first night with the Ribbon Of Highway show and then a shared bill with Slaid Cleaves with Jeff Plankenhorn over the weekend.

Hope to go again at some stage - it was fab!

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Newport Folk Festival - July 30, 2011

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Folks,

Good news... Folk Alley will be broadcasting live from the Newport Folk Festival this weekend!

Bad news....it doesn't look like Ellis' performance (with John Gorka, Dar Williams, Liz Queler, and Seth Farber) will be included in the broadcast. (I suspect that's due to there being three stages.) :-(

Still.....you might want to tune in. See broadcast schedule at link below:

Folk Alley

Karen
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”