Gravity Lounge- Aug. 18, 2006

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

2bluesboys

Gravity Lounge- Aug. 18, 2006

Postby 2bluesboys » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:06 pm

Gravity Lounge August 18, 2006

We went to the Gravity Lounge last night. It was a last minute decision and I am so glad we decided to go. It was a great show. Following is the set list. (I usually don't write set lists but decided to do it since I enjoy reading the set lists of other shows). Since no one else has posted about it, I will ...

Set list:

Maria's Beautiful Mess
Two Bends in the Road
Jukebox on My Grave
The Only Way
The World Aint Slowin' Down
Dear Prudence
Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key
Take All the Sky You Need
Alice's Champagne Palace
Words
Martyr's Lounge (unplugged, in the audience)
Blacktop Train (unplugged, in the audience)
Kiss the Sun (unplugged, in the audience)
Speed of Trees
God's Promise
Sweet Mistakes
Did Galileo Pray?

All of the songs were amazing.

"Dear Prudence" was very special. I know John Lennon was sitting in the Martyr's Lounge with a drink, nodding his head in approval.
"Dear Prudence" was one of John Lennon's favorite songs and it was reportedly his son Julian's favorite song.

We won't be able to attend the next Gravity Lounge show. We will be at Jammin' Java.

If any of you get a chance to go to the next Gravity Lounge show-grab it. I can't believe it was only $5.00! Ellis said he will have a piano at the next show.

Ellis Paul was, as always, very gracious to my sons. They are HUGE Ellis Paul fans. They play guitar and he let them play his a little before the show started. Ellis handed one of my sons his guitar when he went out into the audience, and had him play a few bars of "Blacktop Train". It was a thrill for him!!!!

If you live anywhere within driving distance, head out to the next Gravity Lounge show!! You won't be disappointed. We had a lovely 2 hour + drive through the Virginia countryside. I am hoping that Ellis will play in Charlottesville more often.

Barbara

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:56 pm

2bluesboys - really...from the bottom....thanks for the words posted here today on Ellis's 2nd show at Gravity Lounge Residency Series. I was hoping someone would and you just made my day. Especially the little nuances that makes me appreciate Ellis Paul all the more.

If I'm reading your post and had been close by and on the fence about making it to this show...I'm kicking myself just a bit. It's just a good idea to hop off the fence with a chance to see Ellis, isn't it? Seems like your trip was last minute and your post says all we need to hear.

One more in the series, then back to reality ticket prices. Jump on this sereis while you can folks. That's all I'm saying.

Except this: Wait til you guys hear HOME on the Piano next go round.

It's a good one.

Just noticed something............

Thanks Barbara.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Thanks for the review! Your son must be in heaven. Imagine being handed a guitar by one of your idols! :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am

Yes, it was a moment he will always treasure & remember. My sons were so inspired they went home and learned two new songs (that Elllis sang on Friday) this weekend.

It's amazing how a moment or more of kindness can create a lifetime memory. I keep impressing that thought on my children because I want them to remember how much of an impact we can all make on each other with thoughtfulness.

We hear so much about egotistical musicians in the media. We have had only wonderful experiences with musicians being giving and kind.

Barbara

Return to “3000 Miles”