Pittsburgh Center for the Arts - April 21, 2011

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Pittsburgh Center for the Arts - April 21, 2011

Postby KarenZ » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:15 am

Folks,

Yikes.....I am sooo behind after having out-of-town company for this show, then celebrating Easter. Finally got the pictures off my camera last night and will post a link soon. IllinoisBill and Sue Ellen joined me at a relatively new venue in the Shadyside/Squirrel Hill/Point Breeze section of Pittsburgh - a lovely section of town with big, old-money, homes, adjacent to Mellon Park, and just a few blocks from the Frick Mansion and Museum. The performance space was downstairs at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts; a lovely room with nice acoustics and ambience. There were rows of chairs in the center of the room, with small bistro tables and a few old theater seats on each end of the rectangular-shaped room. I'd estimate that it probably holds 100-125; maybe more. I'm not very good at guessing numbers. I finally got to hear the new Johnny Cash song live! Gotta love a sing-a-long! :D

The setlist:

rose tattoo
Crying (Roy Orbison cover)
kick out the lights
hurricane angel (piano)
alice's champagne palace (I was chided for lifting my water bottle so I guess I have to start carrying a plastic champagne glass!) :)
dragonfly
once upon a summertiem (piano)
300 miles
Annalee (unplugged)
BREAK
Maria's Beautiful Mess
jukebox on my grave
The heckler
the only way
Eighteen (Illinois Bill's request!) 8)
martyr's lounge
1 verse of new Thomas Edison poem
rollaway bed
the world ain't slowing down
Encore:
the night hank williams came to town (piano)

My first show since New Year's Eve.....so I was in HAWG HEAVEN. :wink:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”