Club Cafe - Pittsburgh, PA - June 11, 2010

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Club Cafe - Pittsburgh, PA - June 11, 2010

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:22 am

Folks,

Another terrific show last night. The pressure was on since my son FINALLY attended his first EP show! (Thanks to my daughter-in-law!) ;-)

The setlist:

1. rose tattoo
2. lights of Vegas
3. dragonfly
4. the only way
5. Alice's Champagne Palace
6. Hurricane Angel (piano)
7. Home (piano)
8. jukebox on my grave
9. 3000 miles
10. love is a curious thing
11. snow in Austin (request)
12. The world ain't slowing down
13. heaven is where yous are (piano)
14. rollaway bed (requet)
15. take all the sky you need (request)
16. blacktop train (unplugged in audience)
Encore:
17. Annalee (unplugged in audience)

Before taking requests, Ellis commented on the upcoming 20th anniversary shows at Passim saying he's been brushing-up on the older material and was happy to be bringing some of the older songs back on the road. He caught a cold yesterday and was sniffling and blowing a bit...but still sounded strong. The sound at the Club Cafe is always excellent....yet it's small enough that the unplugged songs are always a treat. It was a somewhat smaller-than-usual crowd due to the fact that Kris Kristofferson and Justin Townes Earle were performing free at the 3-Rivers Arts Festival, but the audience was quite enthusiastic and sang along when asked. :-)

Have just a handful of pictures to post....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Club Cafe - Pittsburgh, PA - June 11, 2010

Postby Patti » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 am

Karen I can't believe it is his first show.... Wow.. (better not tell my kids that!!)

Well want did he think !! :?:
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 am

Patti,

EP asked me the same question. I told him that my son's "He was alright" was high praise. ;-)

KarenZ

Patti wrote:Karen I can't believe it is his first show.... Wow.. (better not tell my kids that!!)

Well want did he think !! :?:
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 am

I can't believe it was your son's first show either! Laughed out loud about the high praise! Sounds like my Kevin and your son would get along GREAT!

I cannot wait for the July shows. I need me an Ellis fix in a real bad way.

Karen, are you coming in for the shows?

MonicaR.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm there! :-)

KarenZ

monicar wrote:I cannot wait for the July shows. I need me an Ellis fix in a real bad way.

Karen, are you coming in for the shows?

MonicaR.

Return to “3000 Miles”