El Reno Vintage Guitar - El Reno, OK. - June 5, 2010

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

El Reno Vintage Guitar - El Reno, OK. - June 5, 2010

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 am

The beautiful 102-year old building housing the guitar shop/venue was loaded with character....and guitars! Ellis and Don were like two kids in a candy shop. Actually it was more like an animal shelter since Don commented that he was going home with a new "puppy". Electric. Red. Gorgeous. James Seals and the House Band opened the show. Really enjoyed their music. It was obvious that they are a local favorite.

James Seals Setlist:

1. ramblin' man like me
2. slip away
3. my hometown
4. back around
5. highway signs
6. the fall
7. get back home to you
8. too many goodbyes
9. send down the rain

Ellis and Don setlist:

1. maria's beautiful mess
2. rose tattoo
3. walking after midnight/change
4. hurricane angel (on piano)
5. lights of vegas
6. dragonfly
7. the only way
8. Annalee (unplugged in the audience)
9. jukebox on my grave
10. ring of fire
11. Alice's champagne palace
12. snow in Austin
13. Blacktop Train
14. Heaven is where you are (on piano)
15. take all the sky you need
16. 3000 miles (played on $9000 Taylor guitar)
17. Love is a curious song (?) (New song. EP dedicated it to Becky Grider. Also played on the "borrowed" Taylor. I got it recorded and will post to YouTube when I can.)
18. The world ain't slowing down (Don played guitar and EP only sang since his guitar had a broken string.)

The El Reno audience was really, really enthusiastic. Knew the songs; were on their feet several times throughout the show. Considering that El Reno seemed to be pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, it was a nice surprise. Just goes to show, you never know.:-) Pictures coming at some point.
KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”