Madison & Milwaukee April 2010

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Rebekah

Madison & Milwaukee April 2010

Postby Rebekah » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm

I admit it! I've always been an Ellis purist - who needs more than just Ellis, a guitar, harmonica, and a piano?? Not me. This weekend I realized how selfish I've been these last 17 years. Not only did Ellis look like he was having a blast sharing the stage with someone, the someone's sharing the stage with him (Rod and Don Con) looked to be having fun too. In Milwaukee on Sunday night, Adam Ezra looked positively giddy! I had almost as much fun watching him watch Ellis as I did watching Ellis myself. Two amazing shows! And if that weren't enough, Ellis sat in the audience and played two songs for us after the official show ended. I'm not ready to completely give up my purist Ellis fandom, but I'm more than ready to say Ellis with a band can be a truly great thing too!

paddyinthepub

Re: Madison & Milwaukee April 2010

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:12 am

Rebekah,

Love this post as you preach to a fellow member of the purist choir here as we have long believed that our musical heroes the likes of Ellis Paul and John Gorka are just plain better in concert all alone on a stage. I can add countless other artists to the list. Robert Keen was one. It used to mess with the mix for us. Please, let us show up for what we believe will be a solo acoustic show and see one lone mic stand setup. Of course, we've matured and are less bothered when the sound gets filled out, and of course, Ellis' band are friends and they can flat bring it! :wink:

Welcome Aboard!!!
Thanks again for this post... 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Madison & Milwaukee April 2010

Postby KarenZ » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:21 am

Welcome, Rebekah! Ellis purists are always welcome here!.....I know EXACTLY what you mean by that! :-) So pleased that you enjoyed the shows.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”