This Old Houseconcert, Berwyn, IL – March 19, 2010

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

AndaleOrbea

This Old Houseconcert, Berwyn, IL – March 19, 2010

Postby AndaleOrbea » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:21 am

Fun night at This Old Houseconcert. Attended with Elaine's brother and sister-in-law. There's a facebook picture floating around that Ellis took of the crowd. He posts the one picture I wasn't purposely smiling :)!

John and his family were really nice hosting the show. I'm grateful for his/their hospitality. We'd seen another artist at this venue (Mark E.) when we attended with KarenZ, IllinoisBill, BeckyG last year after Ellis was in Chicago the same weekend.

Ellis needed some help remembering the words, so we helped on Calendar Man, The Ballad of Chris McCandless and Roadtrip. Actually there was a lot of singing by the audience that night. I hope no one was upset. It seemed okay from where I sat, but I know sometimes people come to the show to listen to the artist perform and not the crowd singing. We had EP laughing pretty good to, which made the show even more fun.

Here's the set list (someone on FB has requested this! I wanted to make sure I posted it here):

1. Rose Tattoo
2. Lights of Vegas
3. Hurricane Angel
4. Dragonfly
5. Alice’s Champagne Palace
6. Once Upon a Summertime
7. Maria’s Beautiful Mess
8. The Dragonfly Races
9. Annalee

--Interval-- (with cakes and such - like strawberry wine, although I didn't partake in the wine - had to drive home)

10. Calendar Man
11. Did Galileo Pray?
12. Speed of Trees
13. The Ballad of Chris McCandless
14. Nothing Left to Take
15. Blacktop Train
16. Roadtrip
17. Walkin’ After Midnight/Change
18. Angel in Manhattan (Encore)

My apologies for this being delayed. I'll make no excuses.

Elaine went to the Children's show on Saturday, but I had to work. Alas, no set list. It was the first show in 3.5 years of me seeing EP, that Elaine and I were not together. :( - silly job getting in the way...

Hope y'all are well.
Dean

AndaleOrbea

Re: This Old Houseconcert, Berwyn, IL – March 19, 2010

Postby AndaleOrbea » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:35 am

Oh, I forgot to mention that Jason and Christina were there too. We'd met them at the EP Birthday show in Fitzgeralds in 2008 - the show when Ellis dive-bombed Dusty (the remote controlled dragonfly) into Christina's wine glass that spilled all over her. Ellis told a story at the Berwyn show about being at their wedding. They'd hired DonCon to play and Ellis was in town that same weekend in 2007 when he played at the Old Town School of Folk Music. Ellis brought DonCon on stage during most of his set. Ellis actually opened for Lucy Kaplinsky :shock: .... anyway... Ellis' story about the wedding was throwing a football and hitting a family member (uncle I believe was mentioned) in the back of the head. Apparently the uncle still hasn't forgiven EP. Funny story. We've seen Jason and Christina at several EP shows in the area. It's fun to see regulars and get to catch up with them.
Dean

AndaleOrbea

Re: This Old Houseconcert, Berwyn, IL – March 19, 2010

Postby AndaleOrbea » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 am

Gosh, one more thing - EP broke 3 guitar strings that night. At least there was a guitarist in the audience who helped him like a stage hand. We, the audience, were grateful!

Return to “3000 Miles”