Front Porch - Valparaiso, IN - January 17, 2010

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

AndaleOrbea

Front Porch - Valparaiso, IN - January 17, 2010

Postby AndaleOrbea » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:51 am

This is just about a house concert for us. Valparaiso is about 10 miles from home [and in fact my lovely daughter graduated from VHS a few years ago, back when I lived even closer - a story for another day], so that was quite a treat. We had 10 at dinner and another 7 joined us for the show and he pretty much sold out all 72 seats at the venue, which was awesome. It had been 10 years since he last played at the Front Porch and they have his picture from 1990 with a mullet! We found it among the rest of the those who played there in the past, including DonCon. Ellis had a great time teaching some of the younger crowd in the front row some history. They hadn't heard of Tiananmen, Woody or Arlo, The Beatles. It was a hoot. Someone :shock: suggested that Ellis play at the High School next time to give a history lesson - [Hey! My daugther went to that High School!!! She's smart and knows about those things!!!]

Anyway here's the setlist:

1. Once Upon a Summertime
2. Hurricane Angel
3. Rose Tattoo
4. Lights of Vegas
5. Alice's Champagne Palace
6. Jukebox On My Grave
7. Did Galileo Pray?
8. Home
9. Annalee

Interval

10. Let It Be - with hints to the kids on who this is
11. Speed of Trees
12. God's Promis
13. Snow In Austin (request)
14. Maria's Beautiful Mess (REQUEST!!! at the 14th song in the group?!?)
15. Blacktop Train (or The Train Song as it was requested by Brad)
16. The World Ain't Slowin' Down

Encore - The Night Hank Williams Came to Town

Nite, Nite Y'all, see ya later.
Dean [and Elaine]

paddyinthepub

Re: Front Porch - Valparaiso, IN - January 17, 2010

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks for the report from the Front Porch, Dean. 8) It was great to wake up to and thoroughly enjoyed with morning coffee. Ellis Paul passing along the gift of knowledge brings to mind his appreciation early on for the old tv program School House Rock.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Front Porch - Valparaiso, IN - January 17, 2010

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Dean,

As always, thanks for the road report(s) :!: You rock! :P

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”