Blue Rock - Wimberley, Texas - Oct. 8, 2009

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

Blue Rock - Wimberley, Texas - Oct. 8, 2009

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 am

Video footage from his recent show at Blue Rock, Texas

Ellis Paul at Blue Rock, Texas

Great quality all round! Enjoy!

Jela

paddyinthepub

Re: Blue Rock, Texas

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:20 am

Jela that's great and thank you so much for scooping me! :P

Love the mixing of interview and performance and behind the scenes stuff that make up a show at Blue Rock. It's definitely on my list of places to take in a show someday.

The audio is superb........however right after the cellphone dragonfly audience participation part it seems slightly askew. Wondering if that's just on my end or in the video. Perhaps they can fix it. No biggie, just a minor glitch.....

Awesome nonetheless.... 8)

Thanks again!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Yes it's on my list of places to visit too! One day maybe I'll get there? It looks like a fabulous facility.

The 'glitch' you mention doesn't occur when I view the video so perhaps it was just something at your end?

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Hmmn....okay, the audio and video do not match for me right after the cellphones light up the song and room from that point to the end of the video. Glad it's just me.

Also, not sure what the question was, maybe something about the continuity in Ellis' setlists of late.....but we hear Ellis say that he likes to play songs about things that are important to him. Guess he's long forgotten 'that old car' ===> :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:46 am

Jela,

Thanks for the great find! It *is* a fabulous facility....and I hope to return there one day. :)

KarenZ
Richard + Jela wrote:Yes it's on my list of places to visit too! One day maybe I'll get there? It looks like a fabulous facility.
Jela
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”