Slater Park, RI - 2 FREE shows - Sept 13, 2009

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Patti

Slater Park, RI - 2 FREE shows - Sept 13, 2009

Postby Patti » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Just wanted to remind you all that on Sunday Sept 13 in Slater Park Rhode Island Ellis will be performing 2 sets. A 12:00 kids show and 4:00 "adult" show :D

These shows are part of the 2 week long Pawtucket Arts Festival and a mini Stone Soup Folk Festival... lots of great things going on in the park and city that day...I will try to post here...http://pawtucketartsfestival.org/

http://pawtucketartsfestival.org/
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

bonuela

Re: 2 Free Shows Sunday Sept 13

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 pm

i will be there for both shows. although i do not promise that i wlll behave like an adult for the later show. :P

i hope to have a few little ones in tow.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Patti

Re: Slater Park, RI - 2 FREE shows - Sept 13, 2009

Postby Patti » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Saw on Ellis's facebook he had been feeliing ill last weekend.... but NOT this weekend.. he'll be rearing to go..

Should be a great day ... Sunday in the Park, I think it was the 13 of September.....

(there are some Chicago fans out there, right :wink: )

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:40 am

Oh YOUBETCHA THERE ARE....

I got that right off the bat...thanks for the play on words I so enjoyed that musical treat down memory lane. Saturday in the Park was probably my all time favorite (OCD) song as a kid and I probaly wore out 45 rpm platters and replaced them with new ones and wore those out too....Yes, the writing was on the wall! :wink:

Heard about ELLIS battling the bug that's going around and hope to high heavens he is good to go for the weekend!!!

I've seen him sing with no voice at all 2 shows same night!!!

He'll be there!!!!

GET WELL SOON, ELLIS PAUL........ :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Sadly I can't be at either as my daughter has a softball clinic and then my son has a baseball game..... Enjoy both of the shows folks !
Jeff

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Beautiful day at the park today.. My first "family" performance.. I wish my kids were "that" age again, it would have a blast but I had fun anyway...teenagers and all!! The kids in the audience had fun.. and Ellis seemed to have a fun time.. Rachel danced along to Road Trip.. ( a version which may appear on youtube at a later date if it came out good)..
A few hours later Ellis took the stage again for the adult show.. There was def. a crowd in the park..and I'm sure alot of them were seeing him for the first time.... I don't keep set list but I know he did Lights of Vegas, with the nananananaaass sing along....Anna Lee and Rose Tatoo, from the new CD.. He also did Maria's Beautiful Mess, Alice's Champagne Palace , Take All The Sky, 3000 Miles, TWASD

Sue, Lynne Bonnie, (and Bonnie's friend, mother of Ellis's new youngest fan).. all had a nice time..
Every year the RI Philharmonic plays Slater Park and there is a small fireworks display.. It got rained out last night so that was happening tonight after Ellis's show.. As he said he was opening for the philharmonic.. he's never done that before!!
:lol:
I hope Ellis will come back here. The Pawtucket Arts festival is trying to get bigger and better all the time.. and Ellis certainly helped that effort today. I'm going to suggest he plays with Bob Dylan at Pawtucket's McCoy Stadium... that was one of the fundraisers earlier this summer to raise money for today and the rest of the Arts Festival.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks for the report Patti. Shame about the rain but hope that it didn't dampen things too much.

Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 am

no... rain was the day/night before. the Philharmonic was suppose to play on Saturday but they played Sunday instead... Sunday was great, though the ground was a litte wet and muddy.. Eliis told the kids the area in front of the stage was the "mud pit" instead of the mosh pit :wink:

Just thinking about it Ellis also played, Once Upon A Summertime, Hurricane Angel, Home.. yikes, don't know why I didn't mention all the piano songs :?:

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 pm

it was a beautiful day for an outdoor concert, and slater park is a treasure.

i saw both shows. the kids show was fun. i think the wee ones weren't able to take advantage of the "mud pit" because it was in a tent and some were trying to escape through the open sides. i borrowed my friend's 2 1/2 year old nephew. while his mom attended a flynn show the night before his birth, this was his first concert as an active participant. :-) it was so exciting to see his reactions. he has the dragonfly races, and would perk up when he recognized a song, but i don't think he understood that ellis was making the music in front of him. he and his mom stayed for the grown up show too. he seemed to "get it" this time around. he was dancing a bit and clapping and smiling a lot. he was ready to leave a few songs before the end of the show, and when ellis sat at the piano and said "this song is called home" he got up and started to leave. :mrgreen: after the show, and this is where auntie bonnie's training comes in, he kept asking "where's paul?" we had to take him over to say goodbye to ellis before he would go home.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:40 am

What a lovely report Bonnie! And thanks to Patti too. Great you guys made it!!! Sounds like a blast.

Return to “3000 Miles”