End Construction Reunion - Aug. 9, 2009

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

care

End Construction Reunion - Aug. 9, 2009

Postby care » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:08 pm

was just checking on the passim website-

Sunday August 9
End Construction 20th Anniversary show with
Ellis Paul, Jim Infantino,
Jon Svetkey and Brian Doser

Anyone have anymore info on this?

paddyinthepub

Re: August 9 at Passim?

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Care,

Don't know about passim but I want to pass along an anecdote from Karen's house where we sat throwing ideas around on how to spread the word about Ellis Paul.

It dawned on me to ask Ellis how he keeps up with where he's going to be playing next with all the shows he does all over.

His answer was somehow funny and not all at the same time...

He kind of chuckled a "I check my website"

We had to laugh right out loud!

:lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:40 am

Hello!
Thought I would shed some light on the Sunday show at Passim... Ellis will be there for the 20th Anniversary Reunion of End Construction! We are unable to publicly announce it due to contractual agreement with The Boat Cruise, which is the following week! So if you can keep it on the down low... please go ahead and pass on the info! But I must request that you do not post it on facebook, etc. Thanks everyone! Hope to see bunches of you on the Boat Cruise!! (hopefully the boat cruise promoter is not reading this) 8)

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 am

P.s.

I hope Ellis knows to show up since it's not on his website :wink:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 am

Rachel,

Thanks for the info! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

care

Re: End Construction Reunion - Aug. 9, 2009

Postby care » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks for the info rachel! :) if i'm around i'm hoping to stop in for some veggie planet and some good tunes.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:37 am

care,

Did you make it? Did Ellis sing "This old car"? That would have been waaaaaay cool. 8)

KarenZ
care wrote:Thanks for the info rachel! :) if i'm around i'm hoping to stop in for some veggie planet and some good tunes.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

care

Postby care » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:26 am

sadly i did not make it this weekend. tragically my sunday was spent running around doing necessary errands and then i wasn't sure what the weather was going to do (thunderstorms were predicted) - and the sox were playing the yankees and i had a new book ... everything added up to laying on the couch reading and watching the red sox get tragically swept by the yankees.

ellis paul would have been much more enjoyable i think than watching the sox get beat up (again!) by the yankees.

mm

Postby mm » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Awwww MAN, I am contractually bound to be bummed I didn't read this in time. Though I do have a good jet-setting excuse (college tours for son numero uno) for not being online much to have read this. Anyhow, several office-mates are aiming for the boat cruise and I hope I can make it in time too with a couple others in tow!! Off to Chicago in the EARLY a.m. Tues....

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:41 am

Awwww MON! I'm contractually obligated to be bummed I didn't "bake you a cake". Wish there was some way we could meet up in Chicago. If you're in Chicago a couple of days I don't know if we could work something out. If not, that's okay too. I hope you have a safe trip to The Windy City. If you come through again let us know.
Dean (and Elaine)

sgf64

Postby sgf64 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:00 pm

The End Construction show was a good evening out. EP played mostly songs from the new album. If memory serves, the oldest song he played was Maria's Beautiful Mess. Jon, Jim, and Brian were all in top form. Everyone was breaking out new songs and throwing in a few old favorites. Brian's song "A Cat Named Boo" was a crowd pleaser as was Jim's classic "Ernie and Elvis." Jon started off with a new song that chronicled the End Construction experience. EP called it "Our theme song." Almost forgot what was, for me, the Ellis Paul highlight of the evening. He played "Hurricane Angel" on guitar. I was impressed how well it crossed over.
"Stuart Ferguson writes songs that capture your imagination, and sings them in a voice that is addictive to the ears" - Ellis Paul

2009 Boston Folk Festival Songwriting Contest finalist for "God's Plan" Have a listen at:

http://www.reverbnation.com/stuartgferguson

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:35 am

Thanks for the report Stuart! :-)
KarenZ

Return to “3000 Miles”