Kerrville Folk Festival 2009 and XM15 The Village

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Kerrville Folk Festival 2009 and XM15 The Village

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun May 31, 2009 8:53 am

Meanwhile back at the ranch.....

Ellis Paul's return to Quiet Vally Ranch and the Kerrville Folk Festival, turns out, was broadcast live on satellite radio Friday night.

All evening mainstage concerts All weekend long. 8)

Yup.

XM15 ~ The Village

Ellis will play his second of two Children's Concerts on the ranch this afternoon at 3pm. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bevofan

Re: Kerrville Folk Festival 2009 and XM15 The Village

Postby bevofan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:06 am

Ellis was fantastic Friday night! He opened with "Alice's Champagne Palace" and played mostly songs from the Eddie's Attic CD so you know the music was good. Maybe it was the sound - the acoustics, the grand piano, Ellis solo on stage serenading the crowd. Maybe it was the atmosphere - sharing the open sky with him and the fans, watching my daughters dance along in the dirt, listening to the couple in front of me get turned on to someone they hadn't heard before. Or maybe it was just Ellis being Ellis - watching him entertain, singing every word along with the music, just feeling happy to be there and happy for him. A highlight for me was watching my 7 year old singing along to "Jukebox on my Grave" and then explaining to a little girl who Johnny Cash was. These are the little reminders that let me know I'm raising her right! :)

The children's show Saturday was a treat - little kids blowing bubbles, crying, dancing, and kicking up a ton of dust right in front of the stage. I actually worried about him inhaling all that dirt. (Hope you made it through the Sunday concert Ellis!) His set was great then he returned later to close the concert with Trout Fishing in America and led the crowd in "This Land Is Your Land" with the Woody Guthrie verse. All in all an awesome weekend filled with great music. Thanks Ellis!

-Randi Lewis
Houston, TX
-Randi

If you could paint her, she'd be a Picasso. She's got a few things out of place...

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:15 am

Randi,

Welcome and thanks for the road report! :) Sounds like another wonderful weekend of live music. I'm gonna get to Kerrville one of these days. So many festivals/shows.....so little time.... :)

Any other performers who were highlights for you?

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Greater New Bedford Summerfest 2009

Postby Patti » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Karen and the festival listed below is a must get to.(sorry I can't seem to get links to work??) Greater New Bedford Summerfest 2009 will present another extraordinary weekend of great music and dance on six performance stages. From traditional folk music and dance to the best in contemporary acoustic music and international artists, this year’s entertainment promises to be the best yet.

Schedule of performers is as follows:
All performers are subject to change.

July 3, Friday Night Kick-Off Concert sponsored by Barefoot Events
this night is $10.00

Maria Muldaur with the Red Hot Bluesiana Band

Ellis Paul

Peter Mulvey

July 4 and 5th 2 days only $ 15.00

Roy Book Binder
Benoit Bourque
Susie Burke & Dave Surrette
Bua
Ronny Cox
Dala
Antje Duvekot
Stacy Earle & Mark Stuart
Cliff Eberhardt
Jonathan Edwards Trio
The English Men
Tim Erikson
Stephen Fearing
Bob Franke
Gadelle
John Gorka
Livio Guardi
The Kennedys
Louis Killen
Claire Lynch
Lovell Sisters
Harry Manx
Danielle Miraglia
Peter Mulvey
Ellis Paul
Red Hen
Red Molly
Le Reveillons!
Claudia Russell & Bruce Kaplan
Richard Shindell
Art Tebbetts
Daniel & Luc Thonon
and more!

Click here to learn more about our performers...
Visit Barrel-of-Music.com
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Welcome aboard Randi and thanks ever so much for the report!!! 8)

EVER SO GREEN WITH ENVY, HERE!!! :wink:
paddy

bevofan

Postby bevofan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi Paddy! If you were listening on XM the screaming whooping chick was me. :P I hadn't seen Ellis in over a year, and I dragged my hubby, 2 kids, best friend, her hubby, and their 3 kids to Kerrville. 2 vehicles, 5 hours, and 5 kids under the age of 9 at the rustic Quiet Valley Ranch - wow what a trip. But the double shot of Ellis on Friday and Saturday made it worth it. Come next year!
-Randi

If you could paint her, she'd be a Picasso. She's got a few things out of place...

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Randi, we missed the XM15 Satellite Radio coverage but if they re-air the show I will listen closely for you! :P

Now that's the kind of "seize the day" mindset I try to convince my wife we should live by. :wink:

Way to go!!! :D

Reminds me how true the old adage: 99% OF LIFE IS SHOWING UP
paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”