Beachland Ballroom - Cleveland, OH - Apr. 19, 2009

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Beachland Ballroom - Cleveland, OH - Apr. 19, 2009

Postby KarenZ » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Hi folks!

Sorry I've been so out of touch, but the road trip weekend just didn't permit computer access or time. Took BeckyG to the Pittsburgh airport this afternoon for her flight back to OKC and am finally getting settled and somewhat caught up at home. Becky and I met in Chicago, flew back to Pittsburgh on Sunday, drove to Cleveland, then drove back to my house yesterday. Talk about a road trip! :shock:

Here's EP's setlist from the Beachland Ballroom:

Rose Tatoo
Alice's Champagne Palace
Marias's Beautiful Mess
Hurricane Angel (piano)
Once upon a summerime (piano)
Take all the sky you need
3000 miles
Nothing left to take
Blacktop Train
Anna Lee (unplugged)
Jukebox on my grave
Martyr's Lounge
Calendar Man
The day after everything changed
Rollaway Bed
Home (piano)
[a bit of Stairway to Heaven on i-phone guitar]
The world ain't slowing down
sweet mistakes
Encore:
The night Hank Williams Came to town (piano)

EP added piano support to opener Chris Nekvinda's Schoolhouse Rock Preamble to the Constitution. In case you're too young to remember what that sounds like, here's a YouTube link:

Schoolhouse Rock Preamble

Will post some pictures tomorrow. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Re: Beachland Ballroom - Cleveland, OH - Apr. 19, 2009

Postby bonuela » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks for the road report. :-)

Just today I was thinking that I haven't heard Sweet Mistakes the last few shows.

Maybe it's time for a request for the May 2nd show. Hmmmm.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:18 am

Sounds like a fun but hectic (long) weekend Karen. Thanks for posting and look forward to photos in due course.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:13 am

Jela,
Actually the weekend wasn't hectic at all. Becky repeatedly commented on how mellow she felt. :) Everything fell into place perfectly.....lots of good karma when folkie-friends gather! :)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela wrote:Sounds like a fun but hectic (long) weekend Karen. Thanks for posting and look forward to photos in due course.

Jela
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”