Paramount - C'Ville - Mar. 19, 2009 (open for Darius Rucker)

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Paramount - C'Ville - Mar. 19, 2009 (open for Darius Rucker)

Postby KarenZ » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Folks,

I decided that seeing EP open for Darious Rucker was too good to pass up......and since I haven't been to a show since NYE :oops: and haven't yet had one day off from work this year :shock: I'm heading south in the morning. I hope the Paramount allows cameras since I hope to capture the event for all posterity. Will report back when I get back. Keep the home fires burning. :)

I'm on a road trip....a road trip....the miles on the Dodge are doing forward flips..... :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Paramount - C'Ville - Mar. 19, 2009 (open for Darius Rucker)

Postby Patti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Wahoo. you go girl. I am so there in spirit.. you only live once, sneak a few shots even if they don't allow it. :wink: safe travels... :D

OH I just wish he would sing This Is My World... I mean really it is such an beautiful song and it appeared on the same record with TWASD...

Hey by the way isn't the country singer's version of that song coming out soon??? Must go check that thread..
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Go Karen....Go Darius....Go Ellis....Go Dusty!!! :D

Can't wait to hear all about it......that's some roadtrip!!! 8)

What I enjoy about the idea of an artist like Ellis opening for an artist like Darius....

NEWBIES :mrgreen:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Karen:

Have a great time!! The Paramount is right down the road from one of our favorite places to see Ellis in Charlottesville, the Gravity Lounge.

We'd really like to go but the ticket price X 3 tickets is just not in the budget this month. I guess I wasn't paying close attention because I checked the tour schedule a few weeks ago to see if I could plan an EP trip for us. I can't believed I missed one that was so close..(well, 2 hours close!)

I can't wait to hear how the Darius Rucker fans react to hearing EP!

The Jack Ingram cd will be out soon and more country fans will be hearing an EP song when Jack Ingram covers "The World Aint Slowin' Down" .

It's exciting to know a whole new group of fans will be EP devotees soon!

Take photos! Take video! Yes, we can't wait to hear your report. :D

Safe travels.
Barbara

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:15 am

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and words of encouragement! :) Barbara, it would have been nice to finally meet, but I understand how the cost for3 tickets would have been a big chunk of change. I definitely plan to check out the Gravity Lounge before the show - especially the used books section. :)

OK....I gotta go start the day and throw a few things in an overnight bag. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:31 am

Wow...Wow...Wow... is all I can say right now. Ellis performed:

Take all the sky you need
Maria's beautiful mess
rose tattoo
hurricane angel (on guitar)
the world ain't slowing down
Anna Lee

He sounded absolutely fabulous. The Darius Rucker crowd was extremely attentive and receptive and I almost thought the amount of applause and catcalls would bring him back out for an encore....but I suspect in this kind of situation that simply doesn't ever happen. He sold/signed lots of CDs at the break and afterwards. It was so exciting to see so many music lovers turned on to his music. I got a few pix, and although I had a terrific seat in the first row balcony, the distance may have been a negative for pix. We'll see when I get home.

Reporting live fromt he lobby of a lovely Super 8, ;) this is KarenZ signing off.... :)

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:40 am

YEEHAH!!! :D
paddy

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 am

Sounds great, Karen! Thanks for the update "from the field!" :D

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:23 am

Imagine folks surprise when they learn Ellis lives in Charlottesville, Va. and plays the Gravity Lounge from time to time... :D
paddy

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks for the report, Karen!

How long did it take you to get to C'ville?

Yeah for Ellis! He'll be back in Charlottesville in April. Hopefully, he'll have some new fans at his concerts!

Barbara

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Barbara,

It was almost exactly 300 miles door-to-door and was 5 1/4 hours drive time (plus pit stops). :) It's actually not as long a drive as I thought it would be, and I'd love to return for one or more of the Gravity Lounge shows.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:42 am

From Darius Rucker's fan forum comes this post:

3-19 Concert in Charlottesville, VA

Darius gave an excellent performance, even better than the Hootie & The Blowfish concert I saw last August. Sang every song off of Learn to Live with the exception of "I Hope They Get to Me in Time" as well as four Hootie hits ("Let Her Cry", "Time", "Hold My Hand", and "Only Wanna Be WIth You") in addition to three covers ("Guitars, Cadillacs", "Family Tradition", and "Keep Your Hands to Yourself"). Came back to the stage for an encore three times and at the end the crowd was still wanting more. Also had a great opening act- Ellis Paul. Never heard of him before but loved the songs he sang. If anyone was there, do you know the names of the songs Ellis sang? I would really appreciate it.

Great concert! Can't wait to see more of Darius.
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:54 am

Awesome Paddy! Thanks!

You gonna post the EP setlist???? Please do! (One less thing for me to do.) ;) And post as much additional info about EP that you can. This is a GREAT opportunity that we can't afford to pass up. I'll keep checkin' but I have to run out to do a few errands right now.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:20 am

Darius Rucker fan forum link for anyone interested......

see Darius Rucker Concert Chat

see: 3/19 Concert in Charlottesville.......
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:20 am

KarenZ wrote:Awesome Paddy! Thanks!

You gonna post the EP setlist???? Please do! (One less thing for me to do.) ;) And post as much additional info about EP that you can. This is a GREAT opportunity that we can't afford to pass up. I'll keep checkin' but I have to run out to do a few errands right now.

KarenZ

Karen and all.....setlist now posted on Darius Rucker Fan Forum...paddy style!!! :D
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Paddy,

Thanks for posting on the Darius board. I just posted a follow-up too....and I think that's probably plenty. Anything else might come across like we're spamming over there, and I sure don't want the EP Devotees being accused of that. ;) (One man's spreading the word is another man's spam.) :)

KarenZ

Return to “3000 Miles”