Off Broadway Nightclub Family Show, St. Louis, Dec. 7, 2008

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

AndaleOrbea

Off Broadway Nightclub Family Show, St. Louis, Dec. 7, 2008

Postby AndaleOrbea » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:16 pm

Thankfully we only had a 2-1/2 hour drive from Bloomington to St. Louis, had time to get checked in and get to the venue. Met Ellis and Mike Clem as they arrived. Mike commented that he thought the family show was going to start at 2:30 pm (a joke about the day before and being late to the Bloomington Family Show – see an earlier report)

Our first time to the venue – I’d been to St. Louis a fair number of times in a past life (worked in Jefferson City, MO for 2 years). Bar atmosphere, and a big folk music push here. Shout out to WSIE 88.7 public radio for promoting both of Ellis shows. The kids show was absolutely packed. We even got a dance in ourselves, which is awesome!

Here’s the setlist:
1. The Cat Came Back
2. Wabi-Sabi
3. Because It’s There
4. Road Trip
5. The Bed Song
6. I Like to Swing
7. This Land Is Your Land
8. The Dragonfly Races
9. My Mother Popped Out [poem]
10. Going to the Zoo
11. Jingle Bells
12. I’ve Been Workin; On the Railroad/She’ll Be Comin’ ‘Round the Mountain
13. Million Chameleon March
14. Little Red Rose
15. Pinwheel (children were given a pinwheel from the club before the start of the song compelling [not really] Ellis to play the song)

Ellis got big help again from Mike Clem. He was totally great on Going to the Zoo and his seal impersonation. Did I say earlier that you guys should throw him some support? A really great guy. I hope you have a chance to meet him.

Again, it’s so cool to see Ellis with the children. He so enjoys getting them involved. And what was really cool is that well over half of the kids and certainly quite a few adults were singing along with Ellis on all ‘The Dragonfly Races’ songs.

Running out of steam here..
Dean

Return to “3000 Miles”