Illinois Wesleyan University – Family Show, Dec. 6, 2008

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

AndaleOrbea

Illinois Wesleyan University – Family Show, Dec. 6, 2008

Postby AndaleOrbea » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:11 pm

The drive from Dayton was treacherous! We left the hotel at 8 am (EST) to try and make the 1 pm (CST) show. Yes, that’s 6 hours to make the 4-2/3 hour drive. When we got to Indianapolis, the havoc started, with cars, trucks and especially SUV’s off the road. What are these people thinking? I hit a big ice patch on the east end of Indy on I-70, east of I-465 and thought either I’m going to rear-end someone or someone’s going to rear-end us – but thankfully that didn’t happen. And it didn’t clear up until we got in to Illinois – then it was well, a very quick trip to Bloomington, arriving at 1:05 pm, just in time to find out that Ellis and Mike called from Indy at noon and decided that they would reschedule the start of the family show for 2:30 pm. They were in the same weather we came through. Anyway it gave us time to check in, which was good and back to the venue.

We were there in January, so we knew the room, now. I’d say about 20 kids and 20 adults. Everyone had a blast. Ellis is so cool with the kids, too, especially with Going to the Zoo, asking them for animals and getting them to pretend to be dragonflies. They were so cute.

Big thank you to Darcy at Illinois Wesleyan for organizing the show. She’s so cool, great and neat.

Here’s the setlist:

1. The Cat Came Back
2. Wabi-Sabi
3. Because It’s There
4. Road Trip
5. The Bed Song
6. I Like to Swing
7. My Mother Popped Out [poem]
8. This Land is Your Land
9. Going to the Zoo
10. Jingle Bells
11. I’ve Been Working on the Railroad/She’ll be Comin’ ‘Round the Mountain
12. The Dragonfly Races
13. Little Red Rose

Mike Clem came in to help Ellis early on with harmonica and bass guitar throughout. Lots of fun!

Regards,
Dean

Return to “3000 Miles”