Boothbay Opera House - Boothbay, ME - Oct 11, 2008

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

wendy

Boothbay Opera House - Boothbay, ME - Oct 11, 2008

Postby wendy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:24 am

Yea! Ellis is finally returning to Boothbay this Saturday!
We're really looking forward to having him back at the old Opera House (which is now undergoing major repairs: new roof, windows, insulation, paint).

Are any of you planning to attend? This area is GORGEOUS at this time of year.
Hope to see some board-folks there...Look for me tending bar at teh show... I'll be wearing my EP pin! :mrgreen:
-wendy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Boothbay Opera House, Oct 11, 2008

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:00 pm

Have fun Wendy! If you hear the new "heaven is where you are" maybe you'll be able to hear the missing words that I didn't quite get. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

wendy

Re: Boothbay Opera House, Oct 11

Postby wendy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:07 am

Sorry, I'm unable to provide you with lyrics; I just don't seem to be able to do that while at a show! It was great to hear alot of the new music for the first (or maybe second) time, though!

It was a wonderful evening, with many of Ellis's family present and providing frequent harassment :) The upstairs bar was kept open after the show at Ellis's request, so folks could visit with him and even see the Woody Guthrie tatoo in person! (after much persuading).

Here's a set list (I sure I've got some titles wrong):
Hurricane Angel
Once Upon Summertime
Anna Lee
Maria's Beautiful Mess
Driving Home to You?
Jukebox on My Grave
Walking After Midnight/Things Change
Catch the Rain (? or Safe & Sound?)
Heaven's Wherever You Are?
10,000 Miles
Road Trip (with hand-motions)
(BREAK)
World Ain't Slowing Down
Million Chameleon March
You Can Break Apart? ("The Hurt")
Blacktop Train (unplugged)
God's Promise
Take All the Sky You Need
Home
Alice's Champagne Palace
encore: Roll-away Bed (after an initial attempt at Coming Home to Maine, which failed when the right chords wouldn't come out to play)

It was grand. :D
-wendy

tennesseejed3

Postby tennesseejed3 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 am

I wanted to write this to Ellis, but maybe he'll see it in here anyway....

My wife and I have seemed to land on an Ellis concert oe two at every phase of our lives starting way-back-when at a little joint called "Coffee, Tea, and Melody" in Stow, MA for our first date....maybe 15 years ago? maybe? Our paths crossed briefly a number of times while he dated a bartender at my local watering hole in Cambridge, MA and I actually waited on the both of them at table at Pizzeria Uno in KenmoreSquare...again....way-back-when. My wife and I always loved taking in a show when he was around town.

So, this Boothbay Harbor weekend was my birthday gift to her way back in July, and this was to be our first time away from our kids in 2.5 years. WHAT A WEEKEND! Pure perfection. A time for us to reconnect and remember that we are in love with each other and how appropriate to have Ellis serenade us in the second row of the beautiful Opera House.

Ellis was captivating, inspiring, and absolutely wonderful as he has been our entire lives together. Thank you Ellis for being a wonderful part of our lives together.

Regards,
Jed
tennesseejed3@yahoo.com
Stow, MA

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:14 am

Jed, Welcome to the board and thank you for the post! It's always a joy to hear how everyone's EP stories are intertwined in their lives. :)

Wendy, Thanks so much for the report and the setlist! Glad you had a grand time! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks for the report Wendy.......guess Ellis thought he could wing it with Welcome Home to Maine. Not!!! :P

Welcome Jed....thanks for the report as well. It is nice to have Ellis Paul music as a constant here, too. 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”