The Towne Crier - Pawling, NY - June 8, 2008

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

fairydust

The Towne Crier - Pawling, NY - June 8, 2008

Postby fairydust » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Guys

I anyone going to the show this Sunday June 8, 2008. I am going to the 5:30 show. Would love to meet up with anyone there.

Let me know.

Kind Regards,

Ellen

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 am

Ellen,

I can't be there :( but please do post a report for those of us who wish they could be there! :)

Have a great time! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

annieb

Postby annieb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Elle,

Where are you seeing a 5:30 show? I only see an 8:00 show, am I reading this wrong? Don't want you to have to wait 2 1/2 hours!

Annie

fairydust

Postby fairydust » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:50 am

Hi Annieb

Well I guess my blonde really came out this time..I just dont get it..I guess this place takes reservations from 5:30 on and I misread that for a 5:30 show..soo a long story short..changed my reservation to 7:00 pm for dinner for an 8:00 show Denny and I will go. Will report..cant wait.

Thanks to all..

Thinking about the Boston boat ride..this will be my first Ellis show ..so will let you know. Tonight I went and saw Mark Erelli at the Living Room in Manhattan..just terrific!!

Love yaz
Ellen

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:22 pm

Ellen,

Have fun at the Town Crier and please do post a setlist if you can. (I know....what pressure!) :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

fairydust

Postby fairydust » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:49 am

Set List..that means pen and paper..oh a difficult task for the feeble minded..but will try..I hope I know all of his songs..

Will make an effort..and advise later tonight..

Have a sunny day!! :D

Ellen

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:28 am

fairydust wrote:Hi Annieb

Thinking about the Boston boat ride..this will be my first Ellis show ..so will let you know. Tonight I went and saw Mark Erelli at the Living Room in Manhattan..just terrific!!

Love yaz
Ellen

Ellen...tonight is your first Ellis Paul show? How very exciting! 8)
Enjoy the show and don't fret a setlist, although i imagine there are a few folks here on the forum that could "name that tune" with a lyric or two. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

fairydust

Postby fairydust » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi all

Ok I just got home and It was so fab..!!!

But I felt bad for Ellis, cos ther were only about 20 people there in a venue that holds about 150!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And he said that he and the owner got into an accident on the way there..but everyone is ok..so I cant believe it, but I requested a Craig Carothers song..told you I was a nerd.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I requested Angels never Fall in Love..

He said he did not know that song, but wish he wrote it..uggh what a jerk..I felt like

but I did introduce myself to him afterwards and said that I was thinking about going on the BOS cruise and his eyes lit up!!!

He is very charming and sincere..and loves to play music and the good nerd came out and I did take notes..

here goes..

If I dont get all of this right, please forgive me..

Hurricane Angel

Once upon a Summertime

Jukebox on my Grave

Roll Away Bed

Road Trip

Maria's Beautiful Mess ( one of my alltime favs)

Alice's Champagne Palace..great version

Walking after Midnight by ( Patsy Cline then ran into)

Change by Sam Baker

Angel in Manhattan ( another favorite)

If you breakdown

Conversation with the Ghost

The Dragonfly Races

Waking Up to Me (I am not sure about this title..either it's A long Cold Night or Drive all night the wine was kicking in at this point.. :twisted: )

Speed of Trees

God's Promise

BlackTop train

World Ain't Slowing Down

She was..

Ok that is it..need to go to bed..but thought of you peeeps the whole time I was there..

Have a great week..sorry that I am not that good at reviews.

But I loved it!!!
He is so positive!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Ellen

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:13 am

Ellen,

Thanks for staying up late to post the report! Glad to hear that you loved it. (I knew you would.) :) (I edited the couple song titles that you weren't sure of. ) Wow....that was a really long show - 18 songs! Good for you! :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:23 am

Ellen........that was Fan-tas-tic. :D

Thanks for thinking of us here on the forum and posting on your first Ellis Paul show. Sounds like you and 19 others had the right idea!!! :)

So nice of you to share some of the finer points of the night. 8)

Your setlist skills totally rock for a first timer...thanks again! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:21 am

Ellen,

I had hoped to get to this show, but the timing did not work out. :-(

Nice Setlist!

Thanks for the report! :-)

Shari

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:33 am

Ellen - yes thanks for the report. Great set list and thanks for reporting in so quickly after the show.

Jela

annieb

Postby annieb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:57 am

Wow! Great show!!

Thanks for the review and set list!!

Great job! Glad you had fun! :)

Annie

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:14 am

Great job, Ellen! So glad you enjoyed the show and glad, too, that neither got hurt in the accident!
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

fairydust

Postby fairydust » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:36 am

Thanks Guys..I had a great time..thanks for all your support..

Elle :D

Return to “3000 Miles”