St. Louis - Off Broadway - Dec. 1, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

St. Louis - Off Broadway - Dec. 1, 2007

Postby KarenZ » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:11 am

Folks,

I stumbled across a terrific blog report of Ellis' show in St. Louis this past Saturday. This guy gets the bigger picture. :)

Fiddle for Breakfast Blog

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:25 am

WOW, you're not kidding.......this guy really gets it!!! :D One thing I noticed was that he asked if KarenZ could pass the piece along to Ellis. If he only knew how many foks are likely to read this piece beyond St. Louis.

Thanks for sharing this one, Karen....and I'm certain Ellis will appreciate such words of wisdom. I mean, if Ellis ever had any doubts about what he was doing up there night after night (which I'm sure he does not)....he gets to read feedback like this which can only help Ellis on nights when he may be just a bit on the tired side and wondering if he can throw down one more concert like it was his last. Outstanding stuff!!!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:50 am

Yikes. I hadn't seen that the author replied to my comment, so thanks for the heads-up, Paddy. 8)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 am

What a great article! Thanks for posting it Karen. The sentiment is right on. And we get to 'have the time of our life' too, when we get to see EP live. Makes me wish I could have made the trip to St Louis, too!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:01 pm

To me, the krux of the piece was that if someone like Ellis can get up there night after night or show after show and lay it out there time and time again, so, too, can we "go for it" or go for something anyway, whatever it is that we think we want to do yet think we have to wait to do.

New Ellis Paul song lyrics come to mind when I think aboiut this subject:

you've gotta fly like there's no tomorrow
There ain't no way to lose
but you gotta try
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”